shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading Emerald - Help Confirming ASET, Please?

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi All!

It's been several months since I've been on PS... work, travel, holidays - besides, according to my DH, I needed to take a bling break. :lol-2:

Since PSers have been so helpful with my previous bling purchases, I am hoping to get some feedback on another stone. Some of you may recall I had purchased an emerald for my daughter as a graduation gift. If not, here's the original thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/advice-on-emerald-cut.231137/

Since I wasn't certain what style of setting she would prefer, I had it set in the presentation solitare until she decided. So, she has been searching through and looking for her ideal setting. I realize I never updated my original post with her ring:

IMG_2171.jpeg
IMG_2195.jpeg

After looking for some time she's settled on a tapered baguette. As luck would have it, JA is having a 25% sale and we're going to have it set in this: https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...ed-baguette-diamond-engagement-ring-item-7101

While we were on the site, we decided to take a look around to see what was in their inventory.... who doesn't like to drool over diamonds?! Well, it didn't take long to come upon what looked like a promising stone for a potential upgrade. I know, I know.... like mother, like daughter! :roll2:

New stone: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/emerald-cut/1.12-carat-h-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-4194773

Here's the ASET we received
IMG_0464-1.JPG

Aside from it having a greater spread and higher color (H vs I) than the current stone, my sense is the new stone has a better ASET too. So, what do y'all think?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For her? I say no. The one she has is good and maybe it's just me (but you asked for opinions)... you don't need to start her on the upgrade path right now.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For her? I say no. The one she has is good and maybe it's just me (but you asked for opinions)... you don't need to start her on the upgrade path right now.

I should have clarified - I'm covering her setting as a part of her original gift, but the upgrade is all her. She's naturally a saver, so if it weren't for the fact that she's established a decent investment/retirement/emergency savings at her age, I wouldn't endorse it myself.

If you have any thoughts on the stone, I'd love to hear them.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the new stone looks great,if she decides to upgrade before buying a new setting. It sounds like she knows what she likes, but does she really want to set the stone into an engagement ring setting? There are some settings that look a little more like a right hand ring. I love emeralds with baguettes as e-rings, though.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like the ASET on the new stone and if she wants to upgrade it then it appears y’all picked a nice stone

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the new stone looks great,if she decides to upgrade before buying a new setting. It sounds like she knows what she likes, but does she really want to set the stone into an engagement ring setting? There are some settings that look a little more like a right hand ring. I love emeralds with baguettes as e-rings, though.

Appreciate the feedback on the stone. I had the same thoughts on the setting too and had shared a number of options/vendors, but after looking for months, she keeps going back to this particular style and setting. She's pretty hard to budge when she makes up her mind, so I guess this is it!

I really like the ASET on the new stone and if she wants to upgrade it then it appears y’all picked a nice stone

Thanks - I have a general sense of what to look for, but she was quite insistent that I run it by the folks here too to confirm. She'll be pleased to hear others agree it appears to be a nice stone.

jwcjewelry

Rough_Rock
Premium
What a sweet and thoughtful gift. It’s going to be beautiful! I love the setting she picked! Classic and timeless!! You will have to post photos after it arrives :)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ASET is great! Hope she performs well!! It appears to be a good stone, as long as it lights up well!!
The setting is gorgeous, and will be an amazing RHR (I set my OEC into a similar setting for my RH, and it’s gorgeous!).
Can’t wait to see it finished! Please update us with photos, please? And...HAND SHOTS!!! :mrgreen2:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a sweet and thoughtful gift. It’s going to be beautiful! I love the setting she picked! Classic and timeless!! You will have to post photos after it arrives :)

ASET is great! Hope she performs well!! It appears to be a good stone, as long as it lights up well!!
The setting is gorgeous, and will be an amazing RHR (I set my OEC into a similar setting for my RH, and it’s gorgeous!).
Can’t wait to see it finished! Please update us with photos, please? And...HAND SHOTS!!! :mrgreen2:

Thank you both! I hope it turns out well. It is a classical and timeless setting, which is why I think she is so drawn to it. I will definitely post some photos (and handshots =)2) when it arrives.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will be gorgeous. I'll be looking forward to seeing her finished ring.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it will be gorgeous. I'll be looking forward to seeing her finished ring.

I have been hoping for the same marcy... and I believe it fits the bill. :mrgreen2:

My daughter’s ring finally arrived yesterday so I wanted to follow-up with some quick photos. I think it turned out nicely. What’s surprised me was how much livelier this stone is compared to her former one - even in dull office lighting. And the spread! Goodness... :kiss2:

Please excuse my long overdue manicure - I’ll be certain to post her handshots when she sends me a few.

E891CD76-0FF0-4325-8D67-71C6698DF181.jpeg
B64C7C6F-9367-422E-B55D-11A93792131B.jpeg AE3BB3CE-F341-4A17-9569-B815B5651829.jpeg B2FC8618-40B4-489E-A749-FAC72136C583.jpeg

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! And your wedding set is dreamy. :kiss2:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!! It's going to knock your daughter's socks off!!! :love:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! And your wedding set is dreamy. :kiss2:

Thanks @mrsgreeneyes! You’re so kind to comment on my set too. She’s pretty thrilled with how it turned out and it has certainly given me a renewed interest in finding an emerald for myself one day. :twisted2:

Stunning emerald and I adore the classic setting :roll2:.

I'm loving your set too :cool2:!!

Hi @JDDN!! :wavey: We certainly lucked out on this one, didn’t we? I’ve been checking periodically since we ordered and haven’t found any others quite like it. Maybe it’s just me, but it looks like prices went up too, so I’m glad we jumped on it when we did.

My set is the stone I had upgraded to last summer and I am still so in love with it. I need to catch up with you after being so behind on everything - have you settled on your dream stone??

Absolutely gorgeous!!! It's going to knock your daughter's socks off!!! :love:

So glad you think so, @ac117! It definitely knocked her socks off and blew me away as well. :eek2: I was amazed at how it looked compared to my MRB - it totally held its own.

So, waiting until the weekend was just not possible for my daughter... she insisted on driving through LA traffic from the Valley to the OC to pick it up today. Those of you familiar with SoCal know that’s quite a trek. lol In any event, she was absolutely floored and so happy she decided to get the new stone along with the reset. She wanted to me to extend a big THANK YOU to all the PSers who gave feedback. And, to do justice by the new ring, here are some of her handshots (which are far more artistic and delicate than mine :lol-2:)

4C146809-9F4C-495D-9D57-60BAB8B879D5.jpeg 01BCD5D8-3C6A-4B5B-BC21-CCFAD308F10F.jpeg 93A2525F-ABEF-42D9-8802-57CA0876A548.jpeg

jwcjewelry

Rough_Rock
Premium
Wow!! It’s stunning!!! It looks so beautiful on her hand! I love the setting too! Sooo perfect!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am late to this thread, but the ring is gorgeous! Great choice of stone and setting!

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow! That's an emerald!! Very pretty setting.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow!! It’s stunning!!! It looks so beautiful on her hand! I love the setting too! Sooo perfect!
I am late to this thread, but the ring is gorgeous! Great choice of stone and setting!
Wow! That's an emerald!! Very pretty setting.

Aww... thanks ladies! She’s over the moon with her ring and even pinged me so excited when she saw it in JAs gallery. :lol:

https://www.jamesallen.com/diamond-....12-carat-side-stones-engagement-ring-1852410

I envy her small fingers - however, it doesn’t stop me from “borrowing” it for a wear on my pinky whenever she visits. Me thinks I need to find an emerald for myself.... :roll2::P2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results