shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading EM AVC

chitownbitty

Rough_Rock
My original engagement ring has a mined 1.25 carat J color August Vintage Cushion. The setting has been damaged and needs either repair or replacement, which seems like a great upgrade opportunity. I’d love another vintage cushion cut, a bit whiter, .5-.75 carats larger, and lab grown. What should I expect this will cost me (excluding the setting, which is still TBD once I have it looked at)? Would I have to pay just for the opportunity to trade in, even if the trade-in value of my original stone is technically more than the cost of a new lab grown? This is all new to me, appreciative of any input.

Last edited:

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call Jon and ask? You can look up what stones he has on his website - distinctivegems.com. He also links the Stuller catalog, so you can shop for a setting there and it will show you prices, or he can even custom design one for you!

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
My original engagement ring has a mined 1.25 carat J color August Vintage Cushion. The setting has been damaged and needs either repair or replacement, which seems like a great upgrade opportunity. I’d love another vintage cushion cut, a bit whiter, .5-.75 carats larger, and lab grown. What should I expect this will cost me (excluding the setting, which is still TBD once I have it looked at)? Would I have to pay just for the opportunity to trade in, even if the trade-in value of my original stone is technically more than the cost of a new lab grown? This is all new to me, appreciative of any input.

The upgrade program may depend on if you purchased from Good old gold or from August vintage.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I've seen some upgrade programs only take mined for mined. I have yet to see an upgrade program for labs since their prices have continually dropped. On here, years ago, someone was considering a lab for $40k. Clearly they're not getting their money back on that.

What a fun project, and good luck on your search!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results