shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading - Bigger stone, different style?

P

PierreBear

Hi PS Friends,

Another question for curiosity sake as I wonder how I will upgrade in the future. For those who were fortunate to upgrade or would like to upgrade one day, did you just get a bigger version of your original? Or did you change from a solitaire to a three/five stone look? Or did you add a halo? Also did you keep your original ring?

Thanks for sharing! Wondering if other minds/preferences changed overtime and whether it was due to DSS or just change in jewelry trends?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamond hoarder here. I've gone to different shapes and colors and sizes.

I tend to buy the stone first and set in a simple solitaire. After I live with the stone for a bit, then I might decide on a forever setting for the stone.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I changed my ering setting (which I dont really consider an upgrade). My dh didnt seem keen on my upgrading my pear and I was
never keen on the setting it was in so I reset it in a simple setting. I really love how it turned out.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you think you'll be upgrading in the future, you should go with a vendor who's upgrade policy works best for your situation. For instance most upgrade policies that give you 100% of purchase price apply to in-house stones only. Some vendors have a buy back policies instead, for X% of original purchase price. Depending on the stone and the vendor, you may end up in a situation where the original vendor does not allow you to trade-in your stone period.

P

PierreBear

CareBear|1468312043|4054644 said:
If you think you'll be upgrading in the future, you should go with a vendor who's upgrade policy works best for your situation. For instance most upgrade policies that give you 100% of purchase price apply to in-house stones only. Some vendors have a buy back policies instead, for X% of original purchase price. Depending on the stone and the vendor, you may end up in a situation where the original vendor does not allow you to trade-in your stone period.

Thanks for the suggestion CareBear, expect I discovered PS too late! So that option isn't available. So I was just curious what other people have done to temper that desire for a bit more finger coverage. : )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results