Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading - Bigger stone, different style?

PierreBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi PS Friends,

Another question for curiosity sake as I wonder how I will upgrade in the future. For those who were fortunate to upgrade or would like to upgrade one day, did you just get a bigger version of your original? Or did you change from a solitaire to a three/five stone look? Or did you add a halo? Also did you keep your original ring?

Thanks for sharing! Wondering if other minds/preferences changed overtime and whether it was due to DSS or just change in jewelry trends?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamond hoarder here. I've gone to different shapes and colors and sizes.

I tend to buy the stone first and set in a simple solitaire. After I live with the stone for a bit, then I might decide on a forever setting for the stone.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I changed my ering setting (which I dont really consider an upgrade). My dh didnt seem keen on my upgrading my pear and I was
never keen on the setting it was in so I reset it in a simple setting. I really love how it turned out.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you think you'll be upgrading in the future, you should go with a vendor who's upgrade policy works best for your situation. For instance most upgrade policies that give you 100% of purchase price apply to in-house stones only. Some vendors have a buy back policies instead, for X% of original purchase price. Depending on the stone and the vendor, you may end up in a situation where the original vendor does not allow you to trade-in your stone period.

PierreBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1468312043|4054644 said:
If you think you'll be upgrading in the future, you should go with a vendor who's upgrade policy works best for your situation. For instance most upgrade policies that give you 100% of purchase price apply to in-house stones only. Some vendors have a buy back policies instead, for X% of original purchase price. Depending on the stone and the vendor, you may end up in a situation where the original vendor does not allow you to trade-in your stone period.
Thanks for the suggestion CareBear, expect I discovered PS too late! So that option isn't available. So I was just curious what other people have done to temper that desire for a bit more finger coverage. : )

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.