shape
carat
color
clarity

upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kelazn

Rough_Rock
I have an emerald tw 1.29 center .78 vvs1/g color GIA cert but of course been told that I should go up over 1ct because it''s "better"......I have eyes set on EGL cert vs2 tw 1.5 center 1.20 I color. I kinda don''t want to give up the quality GIAvs.EGl to size.....of course $$$ more for the EGL ring....Just curuios with the EGL certs and read that they''re not as reliable as GIA....
I feel for my fiancee since we thought of upgrading not for us personally but for myfamily ----thinks 1ct or less not worth it....

Jean

Shiny_Rock
I do not know a lot about certs, but I think that with an emerald cut you are better sticking with a GIA cert, they are more picky and sensative and I think with a emerald you are better off. As far are upgrading for the family and not for you, I think you should do what is right for you and your fiance. You are the one that has to wear the ring and who has to be happy with it.

kelazn

Rough_Rock
thanks...the one i have my eye on is also an emerald cut.my sisters all have 2+ carats and I definitely don''t want that big but just enough....The setting i have doesn''t sit that high so it looks smaller than .78 . believe it or not....my fiance is so paranoid of my family....he''s wanting to go a little bigger just so it has enough bragging rights...lol.....I am worried about the cert and quality....i just don''t want to go and sell GIA and then get into an EGL VS2 and find out it''s SI minus.....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 10:26:16 AM
Author:kelazn
I have an emerald tw 1.29 center .78 vvs1/g color GIA cert but of course been told that I should go up over 1ct because it''s ''better''......I have eyes set on EGL cert vs2 tw 1.5 center 1.20 I color. I kinda don''t want to give up the quality GIAvs.EGl to size.....of course $$$ more for the EGL ring....Just curuios with the EGL certs and read that they''re not as reliable as GIA....
I feel for my fiancee since we thought of upgrading not for us personally but for myfamily ----thinks 1ct or less not worth it....
I wouldn''t upgrade for my family - I hate to indulge the superficial expectations of *others*.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results