shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade to a warmer diamond

Breezy33

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I am new here but have been lurking for awhile! This site has made my fall for warmer colored stones (I love k's) I will post a pic of my current center stone. I will be keeping the setting. The gemologist at Ritani suggested a 1.8 ct J si2 ideal. It's a little out of our budget but doable.... I am looking at a 1.84 K vs2 ideal and a 2.05 L si1 ideal. I am not sure what my center is now but it's white! My setting is 14k white gold with micro pave. Any advice?! I'm lost on what to choose. I can do an in store preview but they can only send the L and the J together to compare as they are local but the K would be viewed alone. I like the colors warm stones give off but I don't want it to look really yellow. image_4328.jpg

Breezy33

Rough_Rock
Here are pics from Ritani of all 3.... I'm leaning toward the 1.84 k but the pic doesn't look as nice as the others but she said its a different vender that took it and it should be just as nice in real life . image_4330.jpg

Breezy33

Rough_Rock
And another image_4331.jpg

Breezy33

Rough_Rock
Last one ( gemologist recommendation) image_4332.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one at the bottom appears to have little leakage under the table. I'd choose it as long as they can say the inclusions are eyeclean and do not interfere with light return. I really like J or higher in modern round brilliants.

(For future reference, questions about diamonds or settings go in the Rocky Talky section of the forum. This one is to post your finished jewelry.)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That will be quite a size increase - are you sure your current setting will accommodate that increase?

The only other thing I would caution about is that the stones in your current setting are probably whiter than a K colored stone. There will be a definite contrast there; just make sure that you are OK with that look.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results