shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to all the research I was able to do on this site I recently got my wife a great upgrade diamond, and she decided to have a custom setting made for it. Since this site helped me so much I thought I should post some photos of the ring. It''s very similar to a regular halo setting, except she wanted to center stone set higher than usual to both show it off and allow more light in from below for more shine. The melee is also larger than usual, as you can see from the photos, and the melee quality is all VS and G or better. She also got a couple "surprise" stones (I think that''s what they''re called) under the halo.

Here are the center stone specs, it''s an H&A w/medium fluouresence btw:
Carat Weight: 1.79ct
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal

ring1chief.jpg

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
Another one.

ring2chief.jpg

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
And one more

ring3chief.jpg

happyfeet1988

Shiny_Rock
That is a very unique and pretty ring. Nothing against it because it is great, but it looks like it could be delicate due to how high the stone is. I would advise your wife to be careful and not knock it around too much. Congrats on the fab ring!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I''m blown out of the water with the sparkle factor! Very pretty!
3.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful unique setting! I noticed how high the diamond is set too. Does it ever bother her? I''d be scared to wear it because it looks so delicate.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow, that ring is beautiful! And blinding! Congrats on upgrading.
36.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I love the fact it is unique and looks like it would sparkle even in the dark....lol. We get hands shots, too, right?

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
Thanks folks, I''ll see if I can talk DW into some hand shots. The center stone is high, but not quite as exposed in person as it appears from the photos. Remember that the photos are probably enlarged 50x, so appearances are a little deceiving. Anyway, it certainly is a lot of bling and looks practically radioactive with all the sparkle - I was very pleasantly surprised by the size and quality of the melee.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!!
emsmiled.gif
I need my sunglasses! Sparkly!! What a beautiful ring and such a equally beautiful design! Congratulations!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful-please hand pics!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, it''s gorgeous and oh so sparkly................my very favorite kind of ring!! Congratulations and I really hope you''re able to talk your wife into hand pics.
30.gif
30.gif

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never seen anything like that! You can see the entire diamond from the side, kind of reminds me of a tiered wedding cake.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!!! But I''d really consider setting that center diamond a little lower because it is more likely to get whacked sitting up that high.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is sparkly!!!
36.gif
But I''d also be a little worried about the diamond in that high setting, especially if it is going to be worn every day. Perhaps lowering it a tiny bit might protect it a little more. Oh, and we definitely need hand shots!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! It looks SO sparkly and I love how white and crisp it is! Congratulations,

a

averybojangles

Rough_Rock
Very bling-a-licious!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Wow, Wow, it is so beautiful. This is my favorite ring... I just love it... I am so jealous... can I have one dhb..lol Congratulations on your new ring.. again beautiful!!!!!!
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is now one of my favorites
36.gif

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
SO sparkly!! Your wife is a very lucky woman
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
hand shots???? pls

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
WOW! That is some serious BLING! Yes, I am also wondering about the height of the center stone. Hope we can see a hand pic soon. What a lucky wife!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Your wife has got to love this. It is gorgeous and very sparkly.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, that is beautiful
30.gif

nala2000

Rough_Rock
It''s soooo very beautiful! Gorgeous!

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the delay folks. Thank you for all the kind words and compliments! Here are the handshots.

handshotschiefneil.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh my! What a stunner!!! And your wife has beautiful hands too!!!!

cheers--Sharon

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Very nice ring. Looks great on her hands!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results