shape
carat
color
clarity

UPGRADE QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Hello All,

My husband has given me the go ahead for an upgrade.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I currently have a 2.01 EGL USA certified RB stone.
I wanted to purchase my new stone from James Allen. Does anyone know if they will take a trade in?
If not, do you have any recommendations as to which vendor may take trade ins?

Thanks for all your help!!!!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi LucyH and CONGRATS!
36.gif

You may have some difficulty because of the EGL cert - they usually command a discount. I think JA does consignment, but I don''t know if they accept EGL stones. I''m wondering if it would be in your best interest to send the diamond to GIA for re-certification. It may make it more marketable. Just a thought.

What are you thinking of getting? Your original stone is huge to start with!
1.gif

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Thank you starryeyed.
I was not aware that I could send in for recertification. Do you know how I would start this process or who I could contact to get the ball rolling.
I am looking to purchase a 2.50 RB stone and have LM set it in a 3 stone classic with baguettes on the side.
31.gif
31.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW! Sounds dreamy!
30.gif
Can''t wait to see pictures!

GIA will only accept unmounted stones, from what I understand. If you speak with JA, maybe they will help you with the process. Here''s a link to the GIA fees for certification: GIA Cert Fees

There is another page if you browse around, for turnaround times. I hope this helps!

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your help.
I will let you know when we find the new stone. Wish me luck
19.gif
19.gif

DBM

Shiny_Rock
I''d take it to a jeweler or appraiser first, even would allow him to take the stone out so it cna be examined loose and havea better idea what grade you hope to get by giving it into GIA. If it''s a flat out GIA I1 there''s not much point in paying the $$$ to GIA for certification

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results