shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade Process?

principesse

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody, I have a piece of jewelry I am interested in upgrading. I got it from our local jeweler, so that’s where I would like to upgrade from. I wanted to ask if you have upgraded jewelry with your jeweler before what the process is like. You trade it in and pay the difference? How does it work? Asking because I am a very shy person and wouldn’t want to embarrass myself or say/expect the wrong thing. Thank you

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, that is generally the way it works. Go to the store, tell them you would like to upgrade your diamond and see what they say. I am assuming they have an upgrade program?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto @MissGotRocks Not all jewelers/jewelry stores have trade-up options. Did you ask when you bought your piece? Do you have
any paperwork that documents a trade-in policy? If not, the first thing to do is to ask what they have or what they an do for someone
who wants to trade-up. Ask how much they will give you for your "trade-in" piece?

Make sure you ask a lot of questions up-front. I've seen issues with people not ending up liking what they traded up for and then not
being able to get their old piece back (when things start to fall apart). Things dont always go smoothly so ask a lot of questions up
front.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And don't worry about embarrassing yourself. Remember, you are the customer willing to spend more money. Nothing embarrassing about that but do make sure you ask all the questions you want to know. Write them down beforehand so you won't forget any of them!

principesse

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much everyone. Actually, that’s a good point, I have no paperwork that documents a trade in policy nor have I discussed it with the jeweler before. However, I do have a good rapport with the jeweler, so it’s worth asking and seeing. It’s also a great idea to write everything down first so I don’t get flustered and forget.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your local jeweler has a website, did you already check it out for mention of upgrade/trade-in policies?

Do you have the documentation for your item, invoice or receipt, showing date/description/amount paid?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results