shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade/Insurance replacement

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
My hubby lost my wedding ring a couple of weeks ago... after settling with my insurance company (finally!) we got my replacement ring this week!

Center:
GIA, 2.09 xxx, S12, K w/strong blue fluorescence! Eye clean and NOT yellow at all!

Setting by Gonshor, 18k wg, 3.74 ctw. We debated between this setting and Michael M 425 - in the end this one was the winner :)

BTW, added "agreed value" to my homeowner's rider - $12 more per year, and I have to get a new appraisal annually. Not sure yet what the hit to my homeowner premium will be due to the claim.

ring4_22.jpg
ring3_25.jpg
ring2_51.jpg
photo-76_0.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, very blingy and pretty!!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is one blinged out beauty! Sorry about the loss of your original ring, but at least you got a gorgeous replacement. Your husband lost your ring? How'd that happen? He must have been mortified and slightly scared to tell you. LOL More pics please!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hearts-arrows_girl|1377842048|3512308 said:
Your husband lost your ring? How'd that happen? He must have been mortified and slightly scared to tell you.

THIS!

Have you thought about putting your new ring under a separate jewelry insurance? That way you don't have to deal with an increased home insurance premium for situations like these?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1377848148|3512320 said:
Your husband lost your ring? How'd that happen? He must have been mortified and slightly scared to tell you.

THIS!

Have you thought about putting your new ring under a separate jewelry insurance? That way you don't have to deal with an increased home insurance premium for situations like these?

Yup +1 do Madelise's suggestion!

Your ring is wayyyyy blingy! Congrats on your new ring though I'm sorry your DH lost your orginal!

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
SB621|1377864073|3512367 said:
madelise|1377848148|3512320 said:

THIS!

Yup +1 do Madelise's suggestion!

Your ring is wayyyyy blingy! Congrats on your new ring though I'm sorry your DH lost your orginal!

Looked at Jeweler's Mutual/Perfect Circle - premium is 3x what I pay for the new, agreed value rider on my homeowner's - their agreed value is by approval and an additional 40%

I had my previous diamond placed in a basket, but didn't like it, so had it at the jeweler's, getting the basket replaced with a 4 prong head... hubby picked it up - had it with him in the car, stopped at the bank and car wash, and the ring didn't make it home. He specifically remembers putting it in the ashtray (in the jewelers bag) when he was at the (self serve) car wash - we know the owners of the car wash, they had the manager go up there that night to review the film from the area and check any clean outs - where it could have dropped if he had accidentally vacuumed - no luck. We also checked where all of the vacuumed stuff goes... I also went to a body shop to get them to take the dash apart, in case it fell back behind the ash tray - still no luck - it is just GONE!

Love the new ring - it's the first one my hubby saw and loved. I would have gone with the Michael M., but the owner of the local vendor was just too pushy. We wanted to stay local for clean/polish/warranty service.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is some serious bling! Sorry for your loss but you've got plenty of new bling there to console you!

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
Had to post this pic - cool pic showing florescence!
photo-78.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results