shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade help! Am I crazy!!

sabinameister

Shiny_Rock
I am coming over here as directed by the kind folks on the Rocky Talky forum.

I have always wanted a 2ct or so stone. I got married with a Tacori setting and Simon G domed pave band. The stone is GIA 1.12 very good cut F Si 1.

I discovered this forum, and since then have had diamond envy big time. About 2 years ago I reset my stone in my current Simon G halo set in 18k. I never thought about getting a halo, and was actually inquiring about a new wedding band because over the years mine kept losing stones. I tried on the halo, and fell in love. My diamond looked massive and the sparkle factors was blinding.

I still go on this forum and love it. I found By Bonnie jewelry on YouTube and am in love with her six prong tulip setting with French cut pave shank. I want it!!!

I am looking for advice bectbey quotes me three stones in that setting was was told here the prices were crazy. I would need to trade in my current stone and sell my settings and bands because having them sit there empty makes me
sad. I am attaching pics of my first Tacori set, my Simon G halo, and then the By Bonnie dream ring with a 2.2 stone that I love. I would also want a matching wedding band. I know the ring is 2mm.

So I need help with how to proceed, selling my original and current sets to offset cost. I don’t have a budget because I would finance anything after trade ins. I have loved this forum since 2008, and only trust the opinions of you great people. IMG_1778.png

Attachments

• IMG_1716.jpeg
    IMG_1716.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1029.jpeg
    IMG_1029.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 40
  • PA240856_Original.jpeg
    PA240856_Original.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 39

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Those prices are insane for lab grown.
Try Frank Darling for a very similar setting. They do extremely high quality work (I have several rings from them) and you can source a GCAL 8x through them as well.

sabinameister

Shiny_Rock
That setting is exactly what I am looking for! I had no idea the prices from By Bonnie were high. I am thankful for this forum to help not get ripped off.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Also the sleuths here are great finding stunner stones. Post a thread with the parameters of the stone you’d like - size, color, clarity and budget and they will help you find a beautiful lab diamond at Frank Darling. My guess is with that setting I. Platinum you could get a two carat gorgeous stone in it and be around $4000 -$4500.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Also I actually have that setting from Frank Darling in yellow gold without the diamond on the band and it’s very well done and delicate just like the By Bonnie version. She posts lots of flashy stuff and her work IS nice but she’s not correct that you have to pay as much as she charges to get hand selected stones and high quality settings. It’s marketing.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
What is your budget cap for just the loose diamond and what color and clarity grades do you want to limit the diamond to?

Here are a couple of H color that I found...first one has the IGI Hearts and Arrows designation on the grading report:

2 33 H VVS1 - around $1500

2.16 H VS1 - around $1050

sabinameister

Shiny_Rock
That setting looks so delicate and beautiful! Yes Bonnie has convinced me that her work is the best posting her videos and how well she does hand French cut pave. I am so excited to find better choices that are not budget busters!

sabinameister

Shiny_Rock
@DejaWiz those stones are so much less expensive than what Bonnie sent me! Wow! I want to cry because I never thought I could own something like this. I know I want ideal cut
F, G maybe H. I had an H before I chipped it and had it replaced with an F. I could see the tint a tad. I’d prefer G, in the VS because clarity is lowest on my list as long as it’s eye clean, no tints.

I love the Frank Darling setting. Budget maybe 4K but again that’s open to what I do with my current settings and diamond.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz those stones are so much less expensive than what Bonnie sent me! Wow! I want to cry because I never thought I could own something like this. I know I want ideal cut
F, G maybe H. I had an H before I chipped it and had it replaced with an F. I could see the tint a tad. I’d prefer G, in the VS because clarity is lowest on my list as long as it’s eye clean, no tints.

I love the Frank Darling setting. Budget maybe 4K but again that’s open to what I do with my current settings and diamond.

I'll start scouring diamond inventory for ya...what metal are you wanting for the setting so that I can adjust the price cap of the diamond accordingly?

sabinameister

Shiny_Rock
You are amazing! 18k white gold is my preferred metal. I have that now in my Simon G and have had 0 yellowing. I’d like a matching band to sit flush with with the ring. It’s our 15 year anniversary in 2 weeks and want this to be my DREAM set forever.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
You are amazing! 18k white gold is my preferred metal. I have that now in my Simon G and have had 0 yellowing. I’d like a matching band to sit flush with with the ring. It’s our 15 year anniversary in 2 weeks and want this to be my DREAM set forever.

I found four potential candidates in FD's inventory.
I'm hesitant to post links due to anonymous lurkers waiting to snipe recommendations before the member that they are intended for has had a chance to look at them let alone place holds/reserves on any.
If you are in Reddit, then I can send the links in a chat out of the public eye, if you'd like.

sabinameister

Shiny_Rock
Yes I am there user sabinameister. I am thrilled!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
By Bonnie is very well advertised, she definitely knows how to cater to the social media world. Her access to stones is no different than anyone else at this point, with the tiniest bit of effort, you can land yourself with the exact same stones she'll source for you for 1/3-1/4 of the price. Her settings are also very nice, but they aren't specific to her, you can find manyyy other vendors online with the exact same.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy you asked here before getting completely ripped off! Those prices are insane, especially because her inventory is no different than anyone else's and she isn't offering in house images, cutting, etc. Just insane. And the settings are generic as well--offered by many other vendors at more reasonable prices

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results