shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade from a 1 ct amora gem to a 1.6 ct WF ACA. 2-3 years in the making!

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Hi friends. After years of longing, I finally upgraded my engagement ring. When DH and I got married in 2017, we paid for our wedding and paid for the down payment on our house which left little funds for the engagement ring. He was going to sell his motorcycle or take a loan out to purchase a :shudders: Kay Jeweler ring. Thank god he didn't because we knew nothing at all about rings. The amora was beautiful but I really wanted a diamond at some point.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I noticed my Amora Gem actually chipped and I decided the time was now. I had purchased WF ACA studs earlier this year and I was really happy with the customer service. Her name is June (inspired by Mamabee's Summer and Winter) because she is an I-color. I see some yellow from the side, maybe one day I'll upgrade to a higher color but for now I'm really enjoying her smaller table and puffy crown.

She's set in the 14k Valoria setting and I have to say, I love the look of the 6 prong SO MUCH more than 4 prong. I like the coverage of the 1.6 carat on my size 5 finger I have a pic of her next to the amora gem and I definitely see a noticeable increase in size.

I appreciate everyone's help, as over the years I've posted in the Lab grown thread and the Rocky Talk thread dreaming of an upgrade. Dreaming, longing, scheming lol

ring glamor shot.jpg ring with band.jpg ring versus old ring.jpg ring in car.jpg

Attachments

• ring from side.jpg
    ring from side.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 67

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your gorgeous upgrade. She looks amazing your hand!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
amazing! I love the setting with the 6 prongs, congrats!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You made wonderful choices. Your set is gorgeous!

Lpsl

Rough_Rock
Spectacular - congratulations!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful and the proportions make my brain smile. I love it in the Valoria. I love the color-pop spacer and band, too. :love:
I very much like that June is an I, because I'm that one person who doesn't like icy diamonds.
Just elegant as all get out.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, congratulations! June is a beautiful diamond!

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful…and I love the setting! Congratulations on your upgrade and cheers to 5 years!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

FABU! Looks like 5 carats on your lovely hands! Congrats on a beautiful choice!

cheers--Sharon

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the upgrade--June looks so gorgeous on you!! :love: And you have beautiful hands and nails as well!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! It looks like it was meant to be on you!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your beautiful upgrade, it’s gorgeous :kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely on you. Congratulations on such a substantial upgrade.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo, all the dreaming and scheming finally came to fruition, and in such a lovely, elegant way! June looks absolutely perfect on you. :appl:

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely beautiful and the proportions make my brain smile. I love it in the Valoria. I love the color-pop spacer and band, too. :love:
I very much like that June is an I, because I'm that one person who doesn't like icy diamonds.
Just elegant as all get out.

Thank you so much for your kind words! I also don’t love icy diamonds, I’m usually a g-h girlie but obviously an I is significantly cheaper right now.

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the upgrade--June looks so gorgeous on you!! :love: And you have beautiful hands and nails as well!

The bank you so much! I do my own nails so I appreciate the compliment

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It is gorgeous—so classic. The six prong setting looks beautiful on you, and you have paired it with the perfect band!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great upgrade! Congratulations!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! Your ring is a beauty!!! Absolutely love your stack too! Perfection!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results