shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade from a 1.24 round diamond to ?

PepperT

Rough_Rock
I would just like to get opinions on what size it would make sense to upgrade to where you would notice a definite size increase. I have looked at a website where you can input dimensions and it shows a comparison. I've been thinking about the 1.5 carat range, and I can see a little size difference side by side, but not sure if it would be that noticeable alone. Would it be better to be looking more at the 1.6/1.7 carat range? Any opinions are appreciated.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I personally upgraded from a 1.24 carat diamond in a three stone ring to a 2.5 carat solitaire and it was a significant change. However if you don't want that much of a jump I think you would see a pretty clear difference at 1.75 carats or larger.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I recently went from a 1.23 carat RB to a 1.7 carat and it was a very noticeable difference!

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
1.23 to 1,5 isn't that much of a difference IMO. You might notice it side by side but not so much if you upgrade. A 1.75ct is more noticeable. But it depends on the dimensions of your 1.2ct stone. I think a .5mm increase in size is a nice upgrade point and rather noticeable too a this size.

upgrade-me

Rough_Rock
My 1st upgrade was from a 1.36 round to a 1.81 round. I did notice a difference. I then went from the 1.81 round to a 2.5 round. That was also a big difference. Unfortunately, now the 2.5 round seems to be a 'normal' size for me (and I wear a 3.75 size ring!).

You might notice a slight difference from 1.24 to 1.50. I think that a 1.6/1.7 carat would be more noticeable if you can afford to go up a bit...

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will likely notice a small difference, but I would guess that no one else will. You can check out the website d i a m d b .com for comparison.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do it If you increase by .30mm or >.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results