shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade dilema - help me decide!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jenniann

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I''ve fianally dicided to take the plunge and take my current 0.64 E VS2 out into a pair of earrings (since I want a pair anyway) and replace it with a lovely AGS0 H&A - but I''m stuck!

I don''t want anything too much bigger because (a) big stones aren''t really that common here in the UK and certinaly not in my line of work and (b) mother-in-law to be will have a fit if she realises I''ve spent more of here son''s money so I''m looking for something that I''ll notice bt she won''t
emotion-5.gif

Here are my 2 choices:

0.841 H SI1
6.03 x 6.08 x 3.76
Table 54.8%
Depth 62.1%
Crown angle 34.6
Pavillion angle 40.8
HCA 1.4 (ExExExVg)

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1213133.asp

0.897 F SI1
6.16 x 6.20 x 3.82
Table 55.3%
Depth 61.9%
Crown angle 34.9%
Pav angle 40.8
HCA 1.5 (ExExExVg)

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1213140.asp

Both are on hold with James Allen until tomorrow - what do you think? My dilema is 2 fold, firstly, there is $720 difference between them (the 0.84 H SI1 being the cheaper) which might not sound like a huge amount but it''s quite a lot to me - especially with the wedding not far away. However, I''m nervous about going down to an H after having and E - has anyone done this? Will I notice a difference? My current stone is a GIA ex/ex/ex so a pretty well cut stone but I don''t think it''s AGS0 standard.

Any pearls of wisdom out there?

Thanks in advance guys!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
The F has a hair more spread, but the H is a great price. I went from an E to a K--with no problem, but that's just me haha. You may notice a difference, but the stone will still face up almost colorless. You could get the H, view it in person, and then decide.

Date: 2/11/2009 1:20:37 PM
Author:jenniann
(b) mother-in-law to be will have a fit if she realises I've spent more of here son's money so I'm looking for something that I'll notice bt she won't
emotion-5.gif
9.gif
17.gif

jenniann

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! That''s reassuring that you went down to a K, maybe I should give the H a go as $720 is nearly 50% towards a matching stone for my studs - oh decisions decisions...........
emotion-15.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The H should be beautiful! Congratulations on such nice choices! I guess I wouldn''t worry about what everyone else thought and I would get what I want!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear you over the $700 and the H would be a lovely stone I''m sure. Just to play the devil''s advocate though, I''d think about $700 divided over the next say 30 years of marriage - that would be $23 per year! Just another way to look at it if you want to rationalize and get the F color stone! Sorry - I guess I play the enabler!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Here's another thought - might you find an I or J color for no additional money?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I personally would go for the F
good luck with your decision!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results