shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade Daydreaming

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm that first one is promising but i always prefer white inclusions over dark, they are way more easily hidden by sparkle when they are white. nice price though. the WF one is purty, yum yum good.

it will be interesting to see what prices are like in a year. i think if i was going to upgrade, i''d go full force and get this 4.2 F SI2 that we saw in this store locally, man that thing was amazing and $50k....only like 3x what my stone is worth now, hahah. but you figure make it count right? AS IF. greg would put the kabosh on that one big time.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,
I am so in love with your diamond! I would love to find something around the $17,000 range. I love yours better than others in your range. I think it is because of the medium arrows. How would I find something similar? Yours looks so white!

Hey, I would love the 4 carat. I should have told my husband he can get a new SLK Mercedes (his is a 2000) and I can get a new diamond! Hee heee.j/k.

Yeah, tell Greg and then I can do more drooling.
emwink.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
skippy, seriously, if you can swing it at all, I wouldn''t wait. They''re just going to be more, for the same thing. Tell your hubby that, that''s how I upgraded my studs so fast.
31.gif
But it IS true!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I don''t mean to be an enabler, but the price difference between the two is only like 5%. The first one seems kinda snotty - I think you''d see those inclusions. The second one looks like a much nicer stone, for not that much more.

My only concern would be the color, but I think you are ok with it, right?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2007 2:03:24 PM
Author: Ellen
skippy, seriously, if you can swing it at all, I wouldn't wait. They're just going to be more, for the same thing. Tell your hubby that, that's how I upgraded my studs so fast.
31.gif
But it IS true!

Ellen, you are just TOO cute! I love reading your post; you are one of my favorite PS'ers . heee hee Plus I love all your awesome diamond pics.

Okay, here is my problem. It is my husband's birthday(Feb) and I just got my diamond (Nov). We also are going to Kauai in May. I am thinking of a diamond purchase this summer or Fall so we have some cash flow. I hate paying interest (the accountant in me). I already planted the little seed saying I want a bigger diamond and he said yes to later in the year.

Starry eye,
I always go up in price a little more and then a little more and then even a little more. Also, the second diamond is smaller. If anyone sees a good deal within the year PLEASE keep me posted if you run across them!!!! In the $17,000 range and preferable WF cuz that is where my diamond came from. I want eye clean, color I probably and in the 2 carat range.

Thanks for indulging me. You guys are the BEST.
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh my Skippy I see that you have already contracted Pricescope upgrade fever!!!
9.gif
Of course the diamond you just got is absolutely stunning, but that Whiteflash stone you''ve shown is pretty appealing! The new Mercedes is a good idea. I''ve always found that if there is something HE wants it makes it a lot easier to get what YOU want, but remember that timing is everything.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2007 2:25:47 PM
Author: Skippy123

Ellen, you are just TOO cute! I love reading your post; you are one of my favorite PS''ers . heee hee Plus I love all your awesome diamond pics.

Thanks for indulging me. You guys are the BEST.
36.gif
Thankies.
2.gif

And I''ll definitely keep my eye out.
27.gif

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2007 1:20:41 PM
Author:Skippy123
I am so dreaming about an upgrade. Maybe in a year but found this one.

How bad do you think the first one would look in person? The arrows look off to me.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131&item=868599
I love this.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-179712.htm
I like this but it is a little too expensive.
We''ve been having the same dream and even found the same diamonds!!

I hate the pictures at James Allen! I wish they would have one picture not so magnified so that one could get an idea if the inclusions are as noticable as it seems. I have a feeling that you''d be able to see that big black one though.

Anyway, good luck. Dh has told me I have to wait another 5 years until the next upgrade, so I''ll just be daydreaming.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
On one hand I almost want to say "why bother?!" because (if you are like me) DSS will just set in again, and you'll be wanting yet bigger, BIGGER, BIGGER! It's a sickness, I swear it is. And it never, ever seems to go away!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

On the other hand, though... I will say that getting over 2 carats finally made me feel like, "OK, this is BIG." It may not always LOOK big to me
20.gif
, but I know by almost all standards, it is at least considered FAIRLY big! I would never have been happy with my first diamond (1.53) forever. (I upgraded in less than a year to my current 2.36.) I DO so covet a killer 3.5'er or so.. but realistically, that may just never happen. *sigh* And if it doesn't, at least my current diamond COULD be my forever stone.

Maybe.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your current diamond is from WF, then I can''t imagine not getting the upgrade there, unless you are keeping this stone for another purpose.

And I agree with the others, the black inclusions under the table would rule the JA stone out for me period. I don''t remember what color your current stone is, but you just need to be sure what you''re comfortable with.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Sundial! No Mercedes for him. He has a 1965 which is his baby and and SLK! He wants a pinball machine so that is what he is getting. I don't want to give him too many ideas because the accountant
emotion-15.gif
in me. We love not having any car payments too!

Lynn B I love your ring!!!! Gorgeous Avatar.

Yes, it has hit me big. I went to see some 2 carat in town and I thought oh yeah, baby!!!!!

DS2006,
I love my diamond but a 2 carat would be perfect and my husband said yeah why not. I just have to wait 6 mo to a year and I bought my previous one from WF. Secret is that the stone was from ABAZIAS and I talked to Leslie and they got the diamond. So I am guessing that if you like a diamond from ANOTHER VENDOR chances are they can get the diamond!!! That is why I look at other sites too! I like your thinking about upgrading
36.gif
36.gif

Jay, that is way too funny that we found the same diamonds. Gosh I think a lot of us have upgrade fever!!! When I got my diamond I told my hubby I will never want a bigger one. I confessed I did want a bigger one and he okay, but I gotta wait. Waiting is fun too because we get to research for fun
34.gif
35.gif

Also, my diamond is a G will J make a big difference? I keep thinking an ideal cut will make the difference not very noticeable? Am I right????

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I would check with WF first as far as stipulations on where your diamond comes from, for an upgrade.

As for color, if you''ve never seen a J, go somewhere that sells really well cut stones, like HOF or other branded stones, and see for yourself where your tolerance level is, and make it away from the counter lights, outside or near a window.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooooh, Ellen sweetie good idea. Yes, do keep an eye out for me in 5 mo. I am excited. thanks a million !!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh trust me, I''m on a mission now!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results