carat
color
clarity

Upgrade! 14K yellow gold set!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello PS(enabl)ers!!! :wavey: :wavey:

I have been itching to upgrade my bgblue for a while now. When I saw this thread posted by blueberrydot with the gal from the bachelor's yellow gold set, something about it just made me go wild and I NEEDED to upgrade to a YELLOW GOLD SET! (Or it could be the cute kitty giving me furbaby fever?!?!?!)
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-with-width-of-rings-and-bonus-huge-diamond.216969/#post-3944093?hilit=bachelor#p3944093']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-with-width-of-rings-and-bonus-huge-diamond.216969/#post-3944093?hilit=bachelor#p3944093[/URL]

Stars aligned, I found a K with fluor that is even brighter than my former K.
Previous BG Blue
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.266-k-si1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104061006032

Upgrade!
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.517-k-vs1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104077586005

I didn't think I would notice the size difference, but yay, the new bgblue is definitely bigger on my hand!

image_4091.jpg image_4090.jpg

I went with the simple 6-prong solitaire setting in 14k yellow gold
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/six-prong-solitaire-14k-yellow-gold-5351y14

I also had BGD order me a beaded band from stuller in 14k yellow gold
http://www.stuller.com/products/651924/?groupId=190798

Last but not least to complete the set, I was able to take advantage of the black Friday promo at James Allen and got this stunner:
http://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-rings/matching-bands/vintage-round-diamond-and-marquise-sapphire-wedding-ring-item-49545?km_source=google&km_medium=cpc&km_term=17333547134&km_campaign=248089454&km_keyword=&gclid=CKXasZf7wskCFcMRHwodc3YAww

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Furbabies 1, 2 and 3 had to get into the mess of packages James Allen, BGD and Land's End (fire sale no-iron shirts for daddy!)
image_4075.jpg

The beaded band tapers to the bottom and is very thin by the sizing bar. image_4087.jpg image_4086.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really loving the sapphire marquise band. I was dreading blue eyes staring at me, but nope, they're surprisingly not eye-ball-ish! :naughty: :errrr:
image_4089.jpg image_4088.jpg image_4081.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a sapphire milgrain bezel band from ID Jewelry so I figured it might be useful to have some comparison shots:
image_4084.jpg [/img] image_4082.jpg image_4092.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The solitaire and the beaded band:
image_4085.jpg

The underside!
image_4074.jpg

The set!
image_4072.jpg

Sunshine! The blue is similar to how my non-fluor diamonds look on a sunny day with blue skies.
image_4073.jpg

Back in the foyer with some natural light
image_4076.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The macro lens came out to play!
image_4077.jpg image_4078.jpg image_4079.jpg image_4080.jpg

Q

Queenie60

:appl:PintoBean - Lucky girl! Beautiful engagement ring and wedding bands. Enjoy them in good health! :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1449259642|3957524 said:
:appl:PintoBean - Lucky girl! Beautiful engagement ring and wedding bands. Enjoy them in good health! :appl:

Thank you Queenie60!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The glamour shots from BGD!
image_4097.jpg image_4096.jpg image_4095.jpg image_4094.jpg image_4093.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely spectacular! I just love it! The yellow gold is so yummy! Everything looks amazing on you!

I also love the sapphire diamond band from James Allen. I may have to get one now!

:love: :love: :love:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CRYSTAL24K|1449260792|3957538 said:
Absolutely spectacular! I just love it! The yellow gold is so yummy! Everything looks amazing on you!

I also love the sapphire diamond band from James Allen. I may have to get one now!

:love: :love: :love:
Thanks Crystal24k! I am very impressed with the sapphire diamond band. Just an FYI - if you need a quarter size, you can specify when you order in a special request/notes section before checking out. The pull down for size options only shows sizes in increments of 1/2.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
The bands look gorgeous with your beautiful BGD blue Pinto. I love the thin slither of yellow gold with your new larger diamond.

Do you still have your yellow diamond in the halo? I love that ring on you.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Polished|1449263073|3957558 said:
The bands look gorgeous with your beautiful BGD blue Pinto. I love the thin slither of yellow gold with your new larger diamond.

Do you still have your yellow diamond in the halo? I love that ring on you.

Thank you Polished! I do have my yellow halo! It is perfection (IMHO) and I am forever grateful for ERD creating its forever setting! The double bezel gets me every time :love:

A little history: The solitaire ring came about as a series of trade-ins - a BGD pendant I wasn't wearing + 0.8 ctw earrings (that now belong to another PSer) for a quadex. And from that quadex I upgraded to the 1.2 BG Blue and ultimately to this 1.5+ BG Blue. I don't think I will be upgrading this diamond any time soon because the price jump is going to be a bit steep for a sizeable difference. And 1.5 is a sweet spot for me with round diamonds. Choco berry finn is 2.59 ct so that has tempered the "size ho" in me :naughty:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, how incredibly fun and totally gorgeous are your new rings!! I love living vicariously through other people's stunning jewelry purchases, lol!! The yellow gold is so luscious and luxe, love it. And that beaded Stuller band is really fun, I may need to get one too :naughty: .

Your fur babies are soooooo cute too. :sun:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN said:
Wow, how incredibly fun and totally gorgeous are your new rings!! I love living vicariously through other people's stunning jewelry purchases, lol!! The yellow gold is so luscious and luxe, love it. And that beaded Stuller band is really fun, I may need to get one too :naughty: .

Your fur babies are soooooo cute too. :sun:

Thank you JDDN! Whenever I'm feeling lazy about snapping pics, uploading and posting, I think about all the wonderful opportunities I myself have had to live vicariously throughg others' posted jewelry, so no excuses, I have to be a good PSer and contribute!

The beaded band is awesome - like the twist bands, it's a spacer wiith an accent, a flare! :dance:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on a fabulous upgrade! Your new diamond is stunning and I love the bands you have stacked with it. Nice close up photos and that glamour shot from BGD makes me swoon!!! And that is so cute with all of the packaging scattered about and your adorable kitties up in the middle of it all. Thanks for sharing with us.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new set - the contrast with the yellow gold is so striking! The beaded band really adds some texture to the grouping - very pretty!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness everything is just beautiful PintoBean! Congrats on your upgrade, and the bands you have chosen look wonderful with it. The sapphire band is gorgeous! Love the yg. You must be thrilled, enjoy your new set! :appl:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new set is beautiful! Diamond has presence on your finger and I like the beaded band as a spacer :appl: :appl: How do you find the milgrain on JA marquise band? It looks nice on your finger but you have 2 milgrained bands and I wonder if you have a preference of milgrain on either the JA or IDJ band or if they're too delicate to be noticed irl?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about it!!! :love: The yellow gold, the new diamond is a perfect size, and the bands are beautiful with the e-ring!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sundial|1449272916|3957630 said:
Congratulations on a fabulous upgrade! Your new diamond is stunning and I love the bands you have stacked with it. Nice close up photos and that glamour shot from BGD makes me swoon!!! And that is so cute with all of the packaging scattered about and your adorable kitties up in the middle of it all. Thanks for sharing with us.
Thank you Sundial! And extra thank you to you and JDDN for the kitty compliments!

MissGotRocks said:
I love your new set - the contrast with the yellow gold is so striking! The beaded band really adds some texture to the grouping - very pretty!!
I am so happy that the beaded band works in the set! I was figuring that if I couldn't get bands around the same width, the mix of textures would mask that.

junebug17 said:
Oh my goodness everything is just beautiful PintoBean! Congrats on your upgrade, and the bands you have chosen look wonderful with it. The sapphire band is gorgeous! Love the yg. You must be thrilled, enjoy your new set! :appl:
I really wasn't sure about the James Allen band because I hadn't seen any feedback on PS, but the Black Friday sale made the price too good to pass up. I am so glad I took the gamble because the turn around time was fast and the sapphires are a lovely medium blue and ring in general is gorgeous

thecat said:
Your new set is beautiful! Diamond has presence on your finger and I like the beaded band as a spacer :appl: :appl: How do you find the milgrain on JA marquise band? It looks nice on your finger but you have 2 milgrained bands and I wonder if you have a preference of milgrain on either the JA or IDJ band or if they're too delicate to be noticed irl?
The milgrain looks like it cups each stone, whereas the IDJ band has the milgrain on the edge. I never noticed this before, but in real life the IDJ band looked great. In the macro pics you can see some extra metal around one of the rectangular sapphires.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your response, Pinto. :)) I actually both milgrain styles and am glad that others love them either way too.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmmm TheCat, I think I prefer how the marquise came out because of the way the milgrain cups each diamond and sapphire; it looks kinda like baby prongs (or cat teeth! Just kidding :lol: ) and that seems to give the ring more of a vintage feel.

diamondseeker2006 said:
I love everything about it!!! :love: The yellow gold, the new diamond is a perfect size, and the bands are beautiful with the e-ring!
Thank you diamondseeker! When you have 8.75 sized ring finger, it is hard to get a nice diamond spread on the finger, so your compliment of the diamond being a perfect size makes me soooo happy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean, your diamond, ering and bands are all fabulous. They look great together. I know you'll enjoy them.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1449286857|3957750 said:
PintoBean, your diamond, ering and bands are all fabulous. They look great together. I know you'll enjoy them.

Thank you Marcy! :wavey:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They all look so good! Congrats on a fabulous modern gold set!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
I love everything about your rich yellow gold set!! The JA stacker is a great addition- now I am tempted to pick one up for myself! :Up_to_something:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1449333612|3957903 said:
They all look so good! Congrats on a fabulous modern gold set!
Thank you asscherhalo_lover! :wavey:

nycspring said:
I love everything about your rich yellow gold set!! The JA stacker is a great addition- now I am tempted to pick one up for myself! :Up_to_something:
Thank you! Just do it! The JA stacker club needs more members!

There's a 10% off coupon code on retail me not!
Btw, If you are in NYC, a great fedex to pick up from is the one in fort lee Nj at Linwood plaza. Then you can go to the awesome japanese market Mitsuwa for some lunch and shopping! :dance:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean, your new rings are fabulous! :love: I love the new sapphire band as well as the beaded stuller. Great choices! The yellow gold is just so yummy! :clap: Thanks for posting all the wonderful photos! I think the one with the kitties in it is absolutely adorable! :appl: Congrats!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby|1449375288|3958138 said:
PintoBean, your new rings are fabulous! :love: I love the new sapphire band as well as the beaded stuller. Great choices! The yellow gold is just so yummy! :clap: Thanks for posting all the wonderful photos! I think the one with the kitties in it is absolutely adorable! :appl: Congrats!
Thank you so much! The kitties thank you as well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results