shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all--
I just wanted to pop in and say hi..I haven''t been posting as much as I thought I was going to over the last few months but....everyone knows how work can be...

Some changes....

Over the last 6 or so months from my last relationship, I took some time for myself and I have made some changes in my life....first and foremost...thanks to everyone who gave their love and support through my ordeal with ''haz-matt'' :) It was a long and painful road and I realized that he is not the person that ANYONE should marry....much less try and be a father. :)
I have decided to attend school and head back for my masters degree in Business from UW Madison... it was something I have wanted to do for some time but I lacked the support from dumb (you know what)... :) SO I am doing that for me...

As for my status as an LIW.....

Over the course of this time alone I have realized that things have a way of finding you when you least expect it. With that said....I have found an amazing man who I could have never in a million years expected to find anyone else better. He compeletes my thoughts, my sentences, and my heart in ways I never thought could be. His name is Frankie...(I know..very high school...but sooo cute!!) He is actually older than I am..by 12 years... But I don''t care. I have found my ''mr.right''.....after a long and painful road I have finally come to understand the TRUE meaning of what it means to love and to BE loved....which is no easy feat all on its own....there are things in life that you never truly expect to have happen to you and certainly not when its not on your ''plan''....but not all things go according to plan....

Thanks for everyone''s help and support and for truly understanding what it means to have the one person in your life who understands and has a clear definition of what your goals and dreams are....

So theres the long-awaited update....
How is everyone else....
Allycat...how are things with you and your BF?? Did things get better or have you still been working on it....
Mandarine...any progress....we want details!!!!

OK well thats all for now....I do lurk....ALOT...so leave me something and I will reply... :)

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
sounds great and i applaud you for following your dream and returing to school. it''s important to do things that are fulfilling and confidence building outside of a relationship.

but one thing i''m confused by..did you really have a lot of time alone to figure things out if you already are in this relationship with mr. perfect now? between the horrible ex, and marine and now this guy, how much time did you really have for yourself to reflect? just something that popped out at me as i read your update.

you seem happy though and that''s important.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi Alexis! Good to hear form you!

I got engaged! there is a long thread around here somewhere! and we just booked the reception place...so everything is just wonderful! I''m very very happy and still madly in love
30.gif
9.gif

I''m glad to hear you are doing better!....just don''t rush into anything and do take time to let the relationship grow at a healthy pace!. Nobody can say how long is enough time for anything, just you....but you have been through a lot and there is no need to rush into anything (until you are ready to!)

I''m glad you feel happy!!! Thanks for the update!

Hugs

M~

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 10:37:48 AM
Author:~*Alexis*~
Hello all--

I just wanted to pop in and say hi..I haven''t been posting as much as I thought I was going to over the last few months but....everyone knows how work can be...

Some changes....

Over the last 6 or so months from my last relationship, I took some time for myself and I have made some changes in my life....first and foremost...thanks to everyone who gave their love and support through my ordeal with ''haz-matt'' :) It was a long and painful road and I realized that he is not the person that ANYONE should marry....much less try and be a father. :)

I have decided to attend school and head back for my masters degree in Business from UW Madison... it was something I have wanted to do for some time but I lacked the support from dumb (you know what)... :) SO I am doing that for me...

As for my status as an LIW.....

Over the course of this time alone I have realized that things have a way of finding you when you least expect it. With that said....I have found an amazing man who I could have never in a million years expected to find anyone else better. He compeletes my thoughts, my sentences, and my heart in ways I never thought could be. His name is Frankie...(I know..very high school...but sooo cute!!) He is actually older than I am..by 12 years... But I don''t care. I have found my ''mr.right''.....after a long and painful road I have finally come to understand the TRUE meaning of what it means to love and to BE loved....which is no easy feat all on its own....there are things in life that you never truly expect to have happen to you and certainly not when its not on your ''plan''....but not all things go according to plan....

Thanks for everyone''s help and support and for truly understanding what it means to have the one person in your life who understands and has a clear definition of what your goals and dreams are....

So theres the long-awaited update....

How is everyone else....

Allycat...how are things with you and your BF?? Did things get better or have you still been working on it....

Mandarine...any progress....we want details!!!!

OK well thats all for now....I do lurk....ALOT...so leave me something and I will reply... :)

Alexis, I don''t know if you live in Madison or are moving to Madison. But I live in Madison, so if it is the latter, let me know and I would be happy to show you around town! Not very often that I see someone on here from near me!

Congrats on meeting your fantastic man. Sounds wonderful!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Hey Alexis!

I''m glad to hear you''re doing better. Just don''t rush into anything... Take some time to think long and hard about YOU and only YOU.

Take care!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I didnt mean to post that we were rushing things. We are taking it slow. :) He is divorced, so there is no rush on either of our parts...

As for the marine...yeah..that didnt work out...player... :) That was my way of trying to avoid my issue with my past relationship..at least thats what the counselor said...

Things have been good and they have seemingly been a road with a lot of twists and turns and whatnot...but with the help of my friends and family and my counselor things have been in an entirely different prospective. :) Which is some cases I needed.

This relationship is completely different on so many levels and its worked out well for the both of us. We are in no rush to walk down the isle...)however...the BLING is some other topic...you can never NOT look at the bling.) We have both been brusied before and we are just looking at this as a growing experience for the both of us and are looking forward to life adventures...where ever the road may lead... We are takin a trip to Vegas in August and it will be our first trip together...so thats exciting...they say you never really know anyone until you travel with them...so this should be good... :)

Thanks for the response....

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
36.gif

That sounds great Alexis! You really do seem to be at a great place right now and I''m really happy for you!!!

Have fun in your trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

M~

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Alexis! It just goes to show that if you think about someone, then the pop back in!

First of all, I think it's awesome that you are pursuing your master's degree. Totally kick-butt, and empowering! Sometimes leaving the person that you are with can open up so many possibilities for you. It seems as though he was just holding you back from what you wanted to do. And I'm glad you met a new man too. Age means very little to me as my parents have a 12 year difference. Enjoy him, because it sounds as though he makes you really happy. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

As for me, me and my guy are really good. Stronger, and more centered. I had some wicked problems with my family recently, but that has been slowly working itself out. We're looking for a place to get married this summer (something private just between him and me) and then we'll come back and have the huge ceremony and reception...yes in a church, his priest is ok with it so I'm going to be able to seperate the stress-circus wedding, from the promises we make to each other. I'm getting better too, less sad and less confused over everything. So everything is good.

So good to hear from you!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Alexis! Glad to see you back and well done for going back to college. Its cool that you''re taking it slowly with your new guy and he sounds great!!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Alexis, I''m happy for you! I think it''s fantastic that you''re pursuing your Masters! Good for you!!
I''m happy that you''ve found someone that makes you happy.

Good luck to you and take care of yourself!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Alexis, so glad you checked in! Sounds like you are doing well for yourself. It really is nice to have a great man in your life isn''t it? Given everything that you went through with the last guy, I am guessing you are able to tell the difference between the good and the bad. Just take it all in and enjoy yourself.

Best wishes to you!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results