shape
carat
color
clarity

UPDATES DEMANDED: Hest''s Demantoid and Raddygast''s Spinel!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Dish it!

We''re all ears... err... eyes...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
don''t know if hest has decided yet?
raddy is still going over designs and taking his time with the process. he promised to come back with pics!
hopefully we''ll see something from them both soon!
3.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What about you? How is your design process going?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Sorry guys. I''ve been on vacation and just got back. I still haven''t done anything with the demantoid yet. Still gotta get it to Richard Sherwood first. I think I''ve decided to work with Wink and Leon Mege to get something like this one.

r020-01W.jpg

However, I''m also thinking about a 3-stone Georgian repro ring I''m going to talk to Wink about later this summer, and I may do more dems for that one or go with sapphires. It''s very likely that the 3-stone will get done before the solitaire.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my
18.gif
that would be an absolutely stunning compliment to your demantoid! wow.
get that stone to rich!
2.gif
i can''t wait to see what else you come up with!!
3.gif

hope you had a nice vacation!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that would be awesome!!!!
30.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hest,

Can you post photos of the stone? If I saw them, I do not recall them. (Is your icon a photo of your own stone?)

Deb

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, belle. I missed the entire thread about her stone. I am going to have to read it at my leisure because I don't even have a clue what a horsetail is and at the start of the thread raddygast asks her if that isn't part of the dream!!! Obviously there are differences between the stones with which I am familiar (red spinel, ruby, tanzanite) and Hest's demantoid!

Deb

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Hest, I think that''s a great idea. Oooh... and a Leon Mege setting! Wow! What a dream come true!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I''m still majorly jet-lagged, but I have just enough energy (hah!) to post the Georgian ring I want reproduced. I have demantoid lust now, so I"m picturing this with dems--probably of a brighter green than my larger one since I wouldn''t need a visible horsetail and I could stand a brighter, more electric green if the stones are of these sizes. If I can''t get dems that work I may just go with sapphire like the original ring, or maybe something totally different!

15393a3.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2005 10:02:53 PM
Author: Hest88

the Georgian ring I want reproduced.
I am a big fan of the style, with the small tringle-shapes pieces filling in the space between rounds (link to more of the like)...

12786V.jpg

It might be quite a challenge to do, but... this is up to your jeweler to decide

Your stone is quite large at 2.5 cts, so the proportions of the ring would be quite different. Perhaps more like:

emrubyrings6.JPG
emrubyrings5.JPG
emrubyringssides.JPG

Unless this is about a set of three small demantoids set between diamond inserts.
2.gif
Will this be a new project ?

Wow!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Unless this is about a set of three small demantoids set between diamond inserts.
2.gif
Will this be a new project ?
Yes, totally new project. Three new stones. My current large stone will be set in something like the Leon Mege above, while *this* ring will need three completely new stones.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2005 10:02:53 PM
Author: Hest88
I''m still majorly jet-lagged, but I have just enough energy (hah!) to post the Georgian ring I want reproduced. I have demantoid lust now, so I''m picturing this with dems--probably of a brighter green than my larger one since I wouldn''t need a visible horsetail and I could stand a brighter, more electric green if the stones are of these sizes. If I can''t get dems that work I may just go with sapphire like the original ring, or maybe something totally different!
stunning.......that would look amazing with some yummy bright green dems
18.gif

have you starting looking for candidates yet?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Hest, you have great ideas! Can''t wait to see the finished products!
30.gif

raddygast

Shiny_Rock
The only update on my spinel is that it is now in a safe deposit box at my bank. I grew tired of fretting about it being stolen -- the chances of anyone breaking into my apartment in a high-rise building (no balcony) was very low, but I grew paranoid enough to take it to the bank. Of course, that means I can''t stare at it and take it on trips in my pocket anymore. :)

I slowed down the ring-making process because of certain life circumstances (money drying up, pre-engagement issue resolution, etc.) and now things have slipped into summer, which means the design and execution of the ring will be even slower, due to the insane business of the wedding season for jewellers.

I had seen some drawings and had asked for some slight modifications, but haven''t heard back yet. Will definitely let you all know when the ball is rolling again. Then 2 or 3 months after that you will all see some finished ring pics -- I hope some of you are still around then. :)

At least the stone is safe, though. I feel a lot better knowing that.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the update raddygast
2.gif
we will be looking forward to hearing of your progress in the coming months.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results