shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates and guest lists..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
No, I'm not engaged, but the other day I casually asked my guy if he knew how many people were in his family, like including parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins....

So he started to figure it out, we were both counting his family members on our fingers till I lost track and then we were just talking about it and what not, well I got up and went online to the knot, because I was just all sorts of excited of this development and started to look at cakes and things, and he yells into the living room "I hope you're in there typing up a guest list".... so I turned like 5 shades of red and said how did you know I was looking at that stuff?!? He just smiles at me and I said well I can make one... they've got this set up thing where you enter in names and what not and it'll tell you how many and how many invitations you need, etc. So he says ok... so he sat there listing off his families names (I'm horrible with names and we only see most of them on holidays) while I typed them in! I moved my laptop to where he was laying and we were going over it together, got most of our family listed (I might be missing a cousin or two on my dads side) and added in some friends, then I opened up the budget tool just to see what it was and what not and we were talking and he said something along the lines of how if all he had to do was give me a ring and figure out the date and time that was fine by him. So my little mind twisted it into... sure, get the guest list ready, pick out possible reception and ceremony locations, dress styles etc... lol Plus it gives me the impression that it'll be sooner than later, at least in a year or two, because I was putting peoples babies on there and kept telling me to take them off because no ones going to bring a baby that age to a wedding! They aren't gonna be babies if he waits more than a year! (at least not in my mind) Not to mention that prices and all that jazz aren't really good for very long when trying to make up budget possibilities.

I'm just so excited that we seem to be getting closer to getting engaged, he's been alot more open to talking about things lately.... a few of his close friends have gotten engaged recently, so when he talks to them he asks how the wedding planning is going and one of them told him the worst part was his FI finding her dress
5.gif
After getting off the phone we were talking and he asked me how much I would budget for a dress.. I of course launched into wedding discussion mode and told him it depended on the time of the year, type of wedding, etc etc...

Also, I finally updated my resume and turned in an application for somewhere I have a really good chance at getting a job thats the same as what I do (which I love to do, I'm just a secretary but I'm good at it!) that pays more, and today I got a call for an interview!

Then theres my class that I'm taking this semester which I was worried about for no reason because I've been doing so well this time around with it.

So things are just great all around...

My guy has been becoming more and more open to wedding discussions, I'm finally out looking for a better job (Mine isn't bad, it's just some things that have been going on around the office that I just can't stand anymore!!!), and I'm doing well again in school. I'm finally feeling the confidence that I've been missing lately. :D

Everything just really seems to be moving forward for us and I'm soooooooo excited!! And to be honest, a little nervous about it all.... taking more classes at school, switching jobs, getting engaged? it's all a little daunting, especially when it all hits at once. of course, it could still be a while before he pops the question, but still..

Anyways, I just wanted to share all my exciting news! I can't really talk about the wedding stuff with any of my friends, I don't like talking about school all that much, and I don't want to spread it around too much about the job thing cause if I don't get it I'll have made a big deal out of nothing..... but to me it is a big deal because it's super hard for me to even go out there and try!!

So sorry about the long post, but thanks for reading my ramble.

hehe!!!!
36.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
well you''re sure patting yourself on the back!
28.gif

just kidding, sounds great and good for you. just take a deep breath though and don''t get too carried away with pre-pre wedding planning --there''ll be plenty of time for that!! if you''re expecting it within a yr or 2, that could still be up to 3 yrs till the actual wedding which is alot of time still!
here''s to a short wait for you though!
emsmile.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear things are going so well!
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great news! I love it when bf''s talk about wedding planning! D is doing the same at the moment, and is teasing me about how he is going to propose and it makes me so excited!! I got offered a great job with great pay for the summer too so I just cant wait! Do you have any idea when your bf might pop the question yet?

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Thanks you guys :)

janinegirly - don''t worry, I do all of that stuff more or less anyways, his statement just made me not feel so bad about it. hehe. I try not to let myself get too hyped up about the things he says and does because I hate to be disappointed. :)

Bee - I have no clue!!! Though of course I have my fingers crossed for girl soon.
5.gif
I read way too far into everything, I''ve always been like this, so in terms of engagement I''m super bad about reading into nearly everything he says and does :/ But I try not to get my hopes up, because like I said just above, I hate to be disappointed of course! But even when I''m not getting my hopes up, it''s hard because other people can do it for you sometimes! I KNEW that he would never propose this past Christmas, but everyone around me wouldn''t let it go no matter how hard I tried to ignore them and I hate to admit it, I was perhaps a tiny bit let down. Ugh. Anywho, theres all sorts of great times he COULD do it of course, but when he actually will? Who freaking knows. lol. Our 2 year anniversary is at the end of April, but for some reason I just feel like he''s a "non-special" day type of guy when it comes to this, I''m not sure why. Honestly, he could even wait for another year or even longer!
39.gif
He''s doing a rather large addition on his house early spring of ''08, and he''s mentioned before that after construction begins on the house he''s up for everything - marriage, babies, and a life together with me. Whats worst of it all, he won''t do a timeline thing with me.

I do know where he''ll be getting the ring, and I''m a bit irked about it, because I don''t think hes even bothered to do any research or anything on where he would get the best deal for his money. I''ve tried to bring it up with him before, but he gets irritated with me and tells me not to bother looking at any rings or anything because he knows where he''s going (so do I, it''s a jewelery store that his uncle owns) and he doesn''t want me getting any ideas.
20.gif
I''ve seen partial inventory of what they have (on their website) and didn''t see one single thing that I even felt was worth looking at in person, so I''m a bit worried
7.gif
I feel bad about it, but I can''t help it. I''m hoping their website just has bad photographs. lol. *sigh* anyways, I''m rambling, but I''m in the process of figuring out how to say to him "Look, I know you want to go to your uncles store because you''ll get a discount and whatever other reasons you may have, but if you don''t even bother looking elsewhere you could be getting alot less bang for your buck than if you went elsewhere. If you don''t want me to help pick out the ring, at least let me help you point you in the right direction". Something along the lines of that...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results