shape
carat
color
clarity

Updated Rings - shared prong or channel?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

summergreen

Rough_Rock
I just got my new shared prong eternity band to go with my 2.05 solitaire, and now I''m thinking that a channel setting (borrowed from a friend) might look better. I know it''s a personal preference, but what do you all think looks better? I want it to look good with my plain wedding band, which I never take off. More pictures to follow - I''m having trouble uploading more than one at a time. Thanks.

SharedProng004.jpg

summergreen

Rough_Rock
This is the shared prong.

Shared Prong 006.jpg

summergreen

Rough_Rock
This is the channel setting.

Channel 005.jpg

summergreen

Rough_Rock
Having trouble uploading a good pic of the set. Here''s another one.

BetterPic007.JPG

sparkle-sparkle

Rough_Rock
I like channel set with your plain band. Channel set with very thin "walls" looks sleek and elegant, and comfortable for daily wear too.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both. Probably channel set eternity would be the most comfortable and trouble free. The shared prong is blingier. That''s a tough choice if you have to pick one. I''d probably go with shared prong because I like bling more than comfort.
11.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I love my channel set band - my only preference is that I really like square or rectangular cut stones in channel settings, but not rounds as much. I can sleep with my channel set band and do chores with it on and it''s never uncomfortable, and I never worry about damaging it.

I really love shared-prong bands too, but in an everyday wedding band, I wanted something I didn''t have to worry about damaging or feeling uncomfortable.Plus the diamonds in it always look sparkly - mine never seem to get dirty.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the channel set.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is completely personal preference, but I prefer the shared-prong band. And my e-ring is an eternity shared-prong with 4 pointers and it is VERY comfortable--a lot of posters had me worried about the comfort factor before I got my ring, but I don''t even feel it.

If you''re doubting the shared-prong and you prefer the channel, go for it! YOU''RE the one who has to admire it all day long!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve worn a channel set with thin walls with a plain wedding band for many years. Looks great, very comfortable and durable. Mine has round stones. I think it has a cleaner look than the shared prong. Shared prong always looks a bit busy to me. But, as you said, it''s personal preference.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the look of your plain band with the channel set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results