shape
carat
color
clarity

Updated pictures of my rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
thanks flower for the options.
While I now know that there are soooo many pretty settings out there, that I would love to have several to choose from daily.! !! lol

If I were to remake these, though, I would stick with channel set, but with lower ctw so they would be thinner.

I f I were to change set completely, I would probably do shared prong or bead set..but with a round...maybe someday I can get "set #2!!"

Hopefully this weekend, or maybe Monday, I can take my rings to the jeweler to talk about tapering them..or whatever else my options would be!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
UPDATE::
they shaved down the bands, they look and feel perfect!!!!

now the only problem. I have a chip in one of the diamonds on my wedding band.. I just saw it this afternoon and won't be able to see the jeweler until Wednesday...oh the agony.....

could somone post this side/side with the original??

334fahafewef.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
and here is a pic of the wband where you can see where it is shaved in. what they did was shaved only the outer side of each ring, so that they still sit flush next to eachother where they touch.

I took this pic to show you how there is now one "flat side'' and one " shaved in side".
looks a little funny, but it solved the problem.

DSC05392.jpg

Ice Snoop

Rough_Rock
Ooooh, I would reset your beautiful centre stone with perhaps 0.02 rb shared prong half eternity with a wedding band to match. That way all you would see would be diamond, it would be super thin and comfy and no metal showing for a patina to develop! Your centre stone would look HUGE!!!!!!!

IS

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great that the problem has been solved
36.gif
! Looks good!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so GLAD that the jewler was able to fix the problem!! Now your fingers will feel good and you got to keep the carat weight.

36.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
thanks everyone....now I just have to deal with the chipped stone in my wedding band!>........
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
15.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonderful solution, you shouldn''t have to suffer while wearing your rings. Good luck taking care of the chipped stone.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like them and wouldn''t change them! But I''d have a plan for the summer, maybe an alternate of some sort... but in the winter when they''re not tight, they''re gorgeous!! Besides, the sentimental reasons you mentioned :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2006 3:40:34 PM
Author: Sophie
UPDATE::
they shaved down the bands, they look and feel perfect!!!!

now the only problem. I have a chip in one of the diamonds on my wedding band.. I just saw it this afternoon and won''t be able to see the jeweler until Wednesday...oh the agony.....

could somone post this side/side with the original??
wooops,.... I''m a bit off the mark here LOL but I like the alternative you made vs just redoing them.... I''m sorry about your diamond though
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results