shape
carat
color
clarity

UPDATE: Total change of plans and so very very happy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 10:01:38 AM
Author: Clairitek
One detail I left out in the beginning was the plan for the day after the wedding.

My father grew up in New Zealand and has been sailing since he was 5 years old. When he was 19 he was in Sydney crewing on a boat and he found out that Ted Turner (at the time a big time American skipper, now better known for owning the Atlanta Braves and TV networks) was in town. My father tried to get on the crew of his boat but they told him to bugger off. So in order to get Ted''s attention he accused him of stealing food from the marina cafeteria. He happened to be wearing a tee shirt bearing the name of boat that was s sister ship to another boat Turner had just purchased in the States. So my father got the opportunity to crew on the boat and at the end Ted Turner told him to get a ticket to the states and that once he was over there he would have a spot racing on the boat and a job. The boat he was racing on was American Eagle. This boat now resides in Newport and is part of a fleet of 12m America''s Cup boats that are available for charters on Narragansett Bay.

My father has been itching to have a reason to charter this boat. Its hugely sentimental to him and I suppose its played a big role in my life since if it weren''t for the boat, I wouldn''t exist! When we were first talking about wedding stuff in RI months ago he said that as the rehearsal dinner or a day after activity he wanted to take everyone out sailing on Narragansett Bay. So it looks like this is what we will be doing on the 21st! Followed by a cook-out in my parent''s backyard.

Clairitek, it is always a pleasure to hear stories like this. (Your father sounds like quite the clever rogue in his day!) Glad to hear how things are falling into place. Congratulations!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 6:04:08 PM
Author: Mediterranean
Oh....

30.gif
SWOOOON
30.gif

Newport. In the Summer.

That''s so incredibly perfect! That''s the most beautiful time of year to be in the Northeast, I think. Fall is lovely too, but...oh, the perfect weather and all the natural beauty of the summertime! VERY romantic setting, and perfect for a more intimate wedding. That just so chic, and so classic and so romantic! The boat charter is going to be breathtaking! I seriously hope your photographer has his clicker-finger warmed up...you guys are going to have a really hard time choosing pictures for your album, that''s for sure!
I miss this so much. I grew up in Jamestown and worked all of my summers in Newport a little coffee shop at the end of a wharf right in the middle of downtown. I was sort of sad before to have to give up my Newport wedding dreams. I am over the moon that we have worked it out. I do love Philly but I think that Newport will be the most dramatic.

I really hope the photos will turn out well! We are scrambling to find a photographer right now. I am also excited to take pre-ceremony photos at my alma mater. Some of the old stone buildings are beautiful. The nerd in me totally wants to take a picture smooching my husband to be in front of the College of Engineering that granted me my bachelor''s degree.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 5:39:00 PM
Author: MaggieB
C-Tek, I had a small wedding and don''t regret it at all! It was perfect. Congrats for making the right decision for you. Good luck with your venue hunting!
Before we decided to change our plans your wedding was one of the kind I fantasized about. When you described it before you got married it just sounded like the most romantic thing ever.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 6:50:13 PM
Author: Lioness
Congrats on booking what you and your fiance really, truly want. I would be having a similar wedding if it were up to me. I can''t wait to hear all of the details!
I suppose I''ll have to wait a good long time to see a wedding photo shot at the beautiful Artesano Gallery! Every time FI and I walk by that place on our way to church I will be envisioning a fun cocktail hour on that fabulous patio! I absolultely LOVE the lanterns on the walls out there!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Yay!!! How exciting - it''s not too far away either
1.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 8:31:47 PM
Author: honey22
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Yay!!! How exciting - it''s not too far away either
1.gif
I KNOW!! Oh man. My head is about to explode with all the stuff I have to do!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Clairitek, this sounds so amazing!!! I can almost HEAR the happiness in your posts. This will be perfect - I''m very happy for you!

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
Great plan! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

I''m so excited for you!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''m still doing a happy dance this morning! I have to admit its sort of fun telling my friends around here. The look of shock on their face is pretty funny. So far everyone has been so happy for us.

A little hiccup with the boat plan- they only allow 15 people on the boat! We have 28 including us invited but a few of those are locals who probably wouldn''t come. I''d say its feasible that the number would dwindle down to 20 at the least. So now we are looking for an alternative cruise. I am so sad because I knew my father really wanted to charter American Eagle. Its pretty pricey so maybe we can save up to do it in a few years for his 60th birthday.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations girl. Haha we may end up going the same route as you - something about all this just isn''t planning very well for FI and I. I''m glad yall were able to come to a conclusion you both loved. I''m very interested to see how the planning goes and what things you choose!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results