shape
carat
color
clarity

Update, spinel pill box necklace, other pretties

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Hi there everyone,
I'm hope sick today and realized I've gotten a few new sparklies that haven't been shared.

First, a 1 ct silky blue spinel from Dan. This stone is incredibly moody but sings in sunlight and has great flash as well, sort of a poor-woman's sapphire stand in! It's set in Sally's pill box setting with two jump rings so it can be worn at 18 or 16 inches.
First Sally's picture:

And a few of mine:
'neck shot'

And the profile

Requisite flower shot:

More to come!

il_fullxfull.136796767.jpg

new6748merc11.jpg

new6748merc12.jpg

new6748merc13.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
A few more:

new6748merc14.jpg

new6748merc8.jpg

new6748merc9.jpg

new6748merc10.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
And another project, this is a beautiful pink garnet from Barry. It's going to be set in a ring for my MIL (her birthstone). This was my first LOGR setting, the legacy-ish style. Still waiting to set it, but the stone is beautiful! I hope she likes it!

Rock:

And placed loose in the setting:

new6748merc1.jpg

new6748merc2.jpg

new6748merc3.jpg

new6748merc4.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bezel setting for the blue spinel is great; I like the very fluid workmanship and while it may be moody, your picture captures the facet pattern well.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oops! Here's the garnet alone:

The pictures are looking washed out, IRL it's a deep, rich pink.

I've also acquired a few other odds and ends:

A cabbed striated kyanite from TheGemTrader:

And a pair of white topazes from Bob Kast:

The larger one has a soft blue body color:

That's it for now! There's one more in the mail that may come in as well...

Thanks for letting me share!

mer4534950.jpg

new6748merc5.jpg

new6748merc6.jpg

new6748merc7.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Chrono said:
The bezel setting for the blue spinel is great; I like the very fluid workmanship and while it may be moody, your picture captures the facet pattern well.

Thanks Chrono, I'm really happy with how it came out, it's very delicate. Sally's bench does nice work.

I wear it almost daily now, the only thing I don't like is that since it's on my neck, I can't see it!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I really enjoyed your pics, mercoledi! The pillbox necklace looks lovely - do you have any profile or neckshot pics? I confess I have a soft spot for white topaz, so I really like your stones from Bob. My cushion white topaz from him also has a blue-ish tint - very cool! And I swear, at first glance, I thought the smaller round was an OEC! Do you have plans to set them?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
cellentani said:
Wow, I really enjoyed your pics, mercoledi! The pillbox necklace looks lovely - do you have any profile or neckshot pics? I confess I have a soft spot for white topaz, so I really like your stones from Bob. My cushion white topaz from him also has a blue-ish tint - very cool! And I swear, at first glance, I thought the smaller round was an OEC! Do you have plans to set them?

Hi Cellantani, Thanks! I like the topazes, they're just for fun and very flashy. I know they're not everyone's up of tea but the larger one is over 2ct so larger (for me anyway) and a lot of fun to play with. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them, I was thinking of having them set as drops to wear below the spinel or picking up a beautiful pear and setting the larger topaz as a drop from the point of the pear.

The little topaz is chunky and flashy, I love the contrast between the two. I have a bitty (15-20 pt) transitional with medium blue fluorescence, maybe I'll set those together some day. I have to admit, I'm really lazy about getting things set!

I do have a neck shot for the spinel, this is at the longer length:

neckspinel2731.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
These are all really cool; thanks for sharing!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely setting on that spinel, and it looks beautiful around your neck. Thanks for sharing!

What are you planning on doing with the kyanite?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the pendant, that blue is such a gorgeous colour and it looks lovely on you! :love:

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very nice stones. I really like the pillbox setting.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely spinel pendant, I really adore Sallys pillbox.

How do you like your first LOGR?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love that pendant; simple without being plain.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your pill box necklace! I can understand you wearing it every day, it's got such clean lines and a very pretty profile. And it's nice that you can adjust the length.

The garnet ring is lovely. How nice for your MIL! And as others will say, you just can't go wrong with a Barry round ;))

I too like the topaz. I recently got a pink one and I'm amazed at how much it sparkles, but I would like to get a white one for a pendant.

I can't remember now what that other stone is that you got, but it's gorgeous! Thanks for all the pictures :))

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love your necklace. Those stones are gorgeous too and the setting for the BB garnet is very pretty. :))

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
The pillbox necklace is a beaut, so classic and just a powerful color hit. Love the detail on the basket too. Could we get a closer side shot of the basket and I also would love to see a shot that includes the jump rings :D I have a necklace by JKT about to get to the length of chain part and I too would like to be able to vary the length depending on the neckline of the moment.

Looks beautiful on you.

Great ring!!!

Aw, those white topaz, looks like Christmas on the larger one, LOL. (Its been 114 here in Phoenix!)

That kyanite, FAB!!!

Good going !

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely love the pillbox. And the kyanite so so interesting! What are you going to do with it? It could make a stunning ring!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
StonieGrl said:
The pillbox necklace is a beaut, so classic and just a powerful color hit. Love the detail on the basket too. Could we get a closer side shot of the basket and I also would love to see a shot that includes the jump rings :D I have a necklace by JKT about to get to the length of chain part and I too would like to be able to vary the length depending on the neckline of the moment.

Looks beautiful on you.

Great ring!!!

Aw, those white topaz, looks like Christmas on the larger one, LOL. (Its been 114 here in Phoenix!)

That kyanite, FAB!!!

Good going !

Hi StonieGrl! Here's a picture of the profile. There aren't really jump rings, the chain is soldered directly to the bezel.

The topaz is cooling isn't it? It's been in the 90's in New England and I think I might melt!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, I love the necklace. I do think the Kyanite will make its way into a ring someday, I just haven't come up with the right setting yet!

profilesally71.jpg

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
The bezel setting for your blue spinel looks fantastic & the necklace looks lovely on you. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results