shape
carat
color
clarity

Update on unique class ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Well, the garnet ring I ordered from Overstock arrived yesterday. The mounting is acutally nicer than I expected, the diamonds are clean white and sparliy, the garnet is a little bigger than the description, and it''s the perfect color... BUT, the stone is set very tilted, and the cut is a bit off right next to the table. I haven''t decided if it''s worth getting it reset, or setting a smaller garnet I have into the setting, or if I should just send it back and start over. Let me know what you think from these pictures.

Whole hand
rings010.jpg

Close up
rings012.jpg

Side shot with tilted stone
rings011.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the top it looks great, but from the side -- wow, what a tilt! I honestly wouldn''t keep it like that. Can you find out how much it would be to have a local person straighten it out? (It might be less than shipping it back and starting over.)

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I thought I''d hit up some of the local stores this weekend and get ideas of the cost to fix it. I think I would only loose about $15 or so to send it back. The mounting is probably worth the amount I paid anyway, so as long as it''s less than $50 or so to fix it, it might be worth it...

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the setting. Can''t see the faceting. How does the color look in person? It looks like a nice ring to me, but of course you''ll want to have the stone reset. Hope you can find a jeweler to work with.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
The setting is beautiful. How strange about Overstock. I bought a pair of gemstone studs there and one was set so crooked as well! I just returned them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results