shape
carat
color
clarity

Update on my ShaneCo ring :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
So, I went in today to compare my stone to some certified stones, but after comparing a few, there was really no noticeable difference and mine was still the best value by far. As I said in my earlier post, it''s a 1.01 ct H, SI1, and it is completely eye clean. Not only is it eye clean, but I looked at it under a loupe and found nothing, so I asked her to point out where the inclusions were, and even she was surprised at how few and small they were. She told me there was feathering and a mineral near one of the facets, but when I looked under the loupe again, I could find nothing, and frankly, if I can''t see it under a loupe, I''m not worried about anybody else seeing anything with their naked eyes! So, I guess the moral of the story is that I learned I really didn''t care that my stone was GIA certified or not...it really is a nice stone and I''m very pleased for the price! I''m posting a MUCH clearer picture than before. The stone is still not mounted in the setting, so I''m sure once I finally get it in a few months I''ll have a full on photo shoot.

And thanks to Pricescope for all the input AND for teaching me what the Macro setting was on my camera!!!

EJGringbetter.jpg

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Closeup, I''m a 6.5 ring size FYI.

EJGringclose.jpg

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
That blue color is just beautiful on your hand!

Mrs. 2Artists

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely beautiful sonnyjane!
It is so elegant and sparkly too! I love it
30.gif

Wear it in happiness and health and congratulations!!

Best wishes,
Missy

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!

I love the blue side stones- just gorgeous!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad they were so helpful and that you''re so happy with your ring!

It''s lovely, wear it in good health!

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!

What's the width of the ring band? It looks skinny and nice on your finger.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
The band is 2 mm... I know that''s kind of thin so I''ll be sure to keep up with the routine maintenance.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh SJ! It is GORGEOUS!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

And it looks BEAUTIFUL on your hand. Congrats!
36.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Such a pretty ring and I love the colour of your sapphires! The scale of everything looks perfect, and 2mm is a great width for the shank - it looks lovely and delicate, but it''s structurally solid. I can''t wait to see it all set. It''s really beautiful!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everybody :) Yeah, I really like the light blue, it''s my birthstone but I never knew sapphires could come in that pale blue color until I started this whole search and I''m really happy with how it turned out!

I''m already thinking of getting some of the matching ice-blue sapphire jewelry...studs or a pendant haha...I''ve only been a member of Pricescope for 6 days and look what I''ve turned into! Ha.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful setting, I love those pale blue sapphires
30.gif
. The whole ensemble looks perfect on your fingers :).

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
gosh I really love your ring!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is very pretty and I love the ice blue sapphires with it. Congratulations. I bought one of their Kentucky blue stones and had it mounted in an ering for a RHR and I love it.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 1:13:52 AM
Author: marcyc
Your ring is very pretty and I love the ice blue sapphires with it. Congratulations. I bought one of their Kentucky blue stones and had it mounted in an ering for a RHR and I love it.

Thanks! Yeah, that''s the reason I chose them for the setting, I loved that they had so many different colors of sapphires. It is my birthstone, but I never knew that they came in any color other than the typical dark dark blue. My friend went to the University of Kentucky so she got a pair of earrings in the Kentucky blue color :)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes ya just know yanno? It looks SO beautiful on your hand ... its just perfect in every way. GLAD you got better pix! And that you were able to put your mind at ease by comparing with certified stones. Can''t wait for the full photo shoot!!!!
9.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I love that soft blue color, it''s just lovely
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
OMG!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I LOVE the sapphires. Love love LOVE. They are such a delicate blue!!! Absolutely gorgeous.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 7:54:48 PM
Author: sonnyjane
Thanks everybody :) Yeah, I really like the light blue, it''s my birthstone but I never knew sapphires could come in that pale blue color until I started this whole search and I''m really happy with how it turned out!

I''m already thinking of getting some of the matching ice-blue sapphire jewelry...studs or a pendant haha...I''ve only been a member of Pricescope for 6 days and look what I''ve turned into! Ha.
I had to laugh. I''ve been here less than a month and already have an ER reset going, a star sapphire face lift on my grammy''s rings and am contemplating a gem collection.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. I love the blue sapphires. They are such a beautiful shade of blue. So pretty and dainty on your hand.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Deco... glad that you were able to compare and put your mind at ease. Having a stone that YOU love is what''s important and it''s absolutely stunning on your hand! Congrats!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Deco, but glad you went to put your mind at ease. I adore your ring, it''s absolutely gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back and looking your pictures. I want to get one of their colored stone erings for a 1/2 ct. heart diamond I have and didn''t know if I''d like the ice blue but I LOVE your ring. I''ll have to take a look at them when I go shopping next time.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I was unsure because online they come off as being a little "neon" if you know what I mean but in person they look really nice, actually a little darker than I even expected, but certainly light enough to tell that they aren''t just regular sapphires. They ARE heat treated, but I didn''t care about that, just letting you know in case you do!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
SJ, it looks fantastic on you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at some of the ice blue jewelry when I was in the store a few weeks ago and thought they were very pretty but that day I was looking for Kentucky blue jewelry. There was an ice blue pendant I almost bought. I like the color of the ice blue stones and they are so sparkly in person. I knew they were heat treated but that doesn''t bother me either. Your ring is gorgeous.
1.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I just adore your ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results