carat
color
clarity

Update on Gypsy and Harry

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone. It's Gypsy.

I changed my account over to trade. I am doing social media promotion for High Performance Diamonds (Wink and Crafted by Infinity) part time for now mostly posting on FB and Instagram. It's a lovey opportunity and I am grateful to have been trusted with it by John, Paul and Wink.

I am going to be posting very little from now on and I do miss you all. I am feeling out the whole Trade thing and that's going to take me a while to adjust and separate. But I did want to post an update on me, and on Harry. And to thank you all.

So things are about the same except for the switch to trade. Waiting for 2016 to be over and hoping that the promise of a good 2017 is fulfilled. I am still looking for full time work and trying to figure out next steps.

You all really rallied around me, and I can't thank you enough. I really can't. The support from all of you is overwhelming. You provided me with a lot of things but most of all hope. My cup was dry and I was at my wits end when I posted to you all. And you helped refill my cup enough that I was able to THINK for the first time I months and to prioritize my needs. My brain was a cluttered mess stuck in gear with stress and anxiety and I couldn't think my way out of the box I was trapped in. You all gave me so much love that I was able to figure out what is most important to me: my friends, my husband, my cats, and my desire to explore entering the trade. And you helped me pay my health insurance and medical bills enough that we our heads are above water for now. There are actually too many of you too thank individually because it's not about money, and most of you were anonymous in your assistance there, but also about your words and your stories and just the way that you all gave me whatever you could and wrapped your arms around me and held me up when I was falling. Please know that your actions meant the world to me.

As to Harry. He's coming along nicely, thanks to you all as well. He had no familiarity with being indoors. Furniture was new to him. The ice maker sent him into his 'safe place' for two days. But he's slowly getting used to it all. SLOWLY he's very cautious and wary. And he has tape worms (medicine is coming tomorrow). I am kicking myself for not thinking of that-- when they have fleas tape worms are inevitable. Still and all I was surprised by it.

Big news yesterday was that HE PLAYED with me! He's started nipping and nibbling now that he is feeling safe. So when he starts to do that I try to redirect it to toys and till now he's been confused by it, but he figured it out yesterday! Big step. I am hoping he learns to like playing.

He has a ton of nicknames now. I call him "Harry Chicken Butt" or just "Chicken Butt." And "Sunshine". And "Silly Kid". And a host of other names. His fur is slowly coming in on his rear but he's still mostly bald and his tail has healed enough that I can touch it without any issue. His eye is much better and the infection has been stopped and it shouldn't get any worse. When he gets happy his little nub of tail sticks up. It's very cute.

He's still got a little ways to go but I think he'll be ready for a permanent home in a few weeks. He's not fully integrated with my kids. He stays (by his choice) in my master (Lucy is very unhappy with this) and looks out the window, sleeps on the bed, and generally enjoys having quiet space. But he does choose to come out and be with the other kids every other day or so. They've mostly started to ignore him so that's good. I keep hoping that he'll start making a friend but that hasn't happened yet but he likes being around the other cats, it makes him happy. He's just not sure how to make friends. I think he needs a quiet home with one or two other friendly cats as companions.

Here are a few pictures of him I took for you all. Enjoy!! I'll post another update of him in a few weeks so you guys can hear how he's doing.

Much love to you all.
Best,
Gypsy

(I don't know why the pictures are posting all upside down and sideways. I tried to fix it, but failed).

photo_dec_13__1_39_34_am.jpg

photo_dec_14__11_42_35_pm.jpg

photo_dec_14__11_42_39_pm.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaylaR|1481965005|4107894 said:
Hi everyone. It's Gypsy.

I changed my account over to trade. I am doing social media promotion for High Performance Diamonds (Wink and Crafted by Infinity) part time for now mostly posting on FB and Instagram. It's a lovey opportunity and I am grateful to have been trusted with it by John, Paul and Wink.
Congrats Gypsy, Will we receive a 20% discount?... :Up_to_something:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with the new venture, and I hope 2017 will be a better year for you.

DK :))

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aww Gypsy, thanks for the update! So happy to hear that both you and Harry are doing better and that you're feeling optimistic about your new venture. Your posts will certainly be missed around here and I hope that you'll stop by with an update occasionally.

Congrats and best wishes on your new venture in the trade!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update on Harry! So glad he is doing well. And you already know how much good luck I am sending you both and hope this new venture works out well for you. You're a natural IMO. (((HUGS))) to both of you.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wishing you the best in your trade endeavors.
Welcome to the dark side, use the force!! :}
You pro-sumer help will be greatly missed on the forum.
You rock!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad you and Harry are doing better! Best of luck with the Trade and with Wink. You have helped so many people in that way here at PS it seems only natural that you and this opportunity find each other. :appl:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy,

What wonderful news! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Harry is such a sweetie, and its great that he's improving and adjusting to being with loving, caring people and other cats.

Big hugs to John, Paul and Wink at High Performance Diamonds for providing you with this opportunity! :appl: :appl: :appl:

You provided so many people on Rocky Talk with guidance and information. That will be missed. But I hope to see you on SMTB and Diamond Hangout whenever you have time and participating won't conflict with your new status as a Trade member.

Sending you and your DH, and all your furbabies, warm wishes for continually improving health and good fortune in 2017 and beyond.

Big hugs :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Best of the season and continued success to your and your family.

Your words/post will resonate forever here because the valuable cut/design advice you've provided over the years will be forwarded to newbies. We all know the threads that contain the wisdom! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
So happy for you Gypsy!!! I know you will do a great job for Wink & all. What a fun time you will have being in the trade...

Harry is sooooo adorable.

Thanks for the update. I have been thinking of you.

xo

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy Harry is doing so well! :appl: Congratulations on your amazing opportunity (not that I'm surprised bc you're so talented!!!) and lots of positive thoughts for a much better 2017! ::)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!
You'll be a wonderful asset to HPD & CBI! :appl:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, THANK YOU for the update on Harry! I wish nothing but the best for both of you! You know that :halo:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No wonder I've been 'seeing' more HPD on my social feeds! :appl: Congrats to you Gypsy & hope 2017 is a much better year for you! :wavey:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I'm so happy for you :bigsmile: .

I hope this new position will be the answer to your 'well-being' prayers :appl:

I have been out of the loop for a while, but remember the depth of your incredible knowledge on gemstones, particularly diamonds. :love:

I wish you the best of luck in 2017! :appl: :wavey:

Say hi to John for me :wavey: He'll be relieved that his lovely wife is happy ;-))

Me too!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You and Harry are good for eachother, you've both had a turn of fortune. This gig with Wink seems like a natural progression to me. It's a win-win for both of you! Wink you are a real stand up guy! You're on the rise Gypsy! All the best to you and Harry :appl: Please do stop by, these boards are lonely without you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GYPSY!!!!! :wavey:

Gosh, I have mixed emotions! I kind of depended on the fact that you helped a lot on RT and I could trust your giving good advice! I am going to miss being able to skip over threads that have your replies!!! So I am going to miss you there a LOT!

But HUGE congrats for working with Wink, HPD/Infinity! You'll be excellent at that, and I admit a slight bit of envy for someone to actually make some income related to a hobby!!! :lol:

I really hope this is the beginning of very good things in the coming year for you and your DH! {{{hugs}}}

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the update. I am glad to hear about your new venture and delighted that Harry is progressing and doing well. I hope 2017 is a great year for you.

BTW I saw a HPD (CBI) post earlier today. :wavey:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
All the best to you Gypsy. I'm so glad you're ending the year on a note of hope and that this only continues to build into next year.

We lost our 17 year old cat this year and even just those photos of Harry is helping me heal. He is adorable.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for the updates!!! :dance:

Can't we just have your old handle Gypsy with trade symbol? I don't like this Layla shmayla business - you're OUR GYPSY!!! :shhh:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AaiiiiEEEEEEE, busted down to rough rock, name changed, very few posts from you in the foreseeable future and yet a step in the right direction. It's a mixed blessing indeed. More blessing for you, less for us BUT, as long as it gives you hope for a brighter future that's all that matters. Best wishes to you Layla & hugs from me and my fur crew.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, so good to hear that things are looking up for you! Your presence here will be greatly missed but HPD has gained a great member! I wish you all the best as we enter a new year and please stop by when you can to say hello!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy I hope the tide has turned and continues to do wonderful things for you and yours! I'll be adding HPD to my facebook and insta!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very happy for you but sad for us! Their gain is our loss. You've helped more people than you know, and as a non diamond person I learned a lot from you. That kinda makes me a bit of a stalker I guess...lol HPD team has some phenomenal and talented people on it, and, I feel you're well prepared for the transition. I would personally like to thank HPD for giving you this opportunity. They're on the shortlist when I hit *cough*50ish... :shifty: whenever that may be :shifty:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very happy for you. All the best for your future. :appl:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay Gypsy and crew!!!!

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am feeling verklempt again. First of all, many of you are friends off the boards. I expect that to continue!! And maybe I'll have to step that up to keep in touch. And if we aren't in touch off the boards, that is easily fixed.

It is happy and sad for me too. Giving up my consumer status and the freedom and connection on here is really hard. And, crazily enough, I will miss RT. LOL!! I'm purposely staying off RT for the time being, cold turkey. And yes, of course you can still call me Gypsy. On and off the boards. I am going to have to come up with an Avatar. Hmmm. A professional one. :confused:

Diamondseeker, I know there are a ton of great posters to help you. I won't name them all, but I know that so many of the members here help out on RT and that their advice is great.

HPD and CBI have been seriously awesome so far. I've been friends with Wink and John for years and so when I was considering what next steps to take they seemed like a natural transition. I am, for now, only posting during the week. Not weekends. And only once a day. We'll see if that changes.

Thank you for the best wishes. And the hugs and headbonks from the fur kids. HUGE HUGS to you all. And a great deal of thanks. So much thanks.

Polished honey, I am sorry for the loss of your kiddo after 17 years. I had artists do drawings of my Hally and Frodo (one of them from a PSer) and having them up on the wall is more... I don't know. It's more comforting than just a picture. That might be something that will help you. It helped me.

This song, posted for me on the other thread by rockysalamander, keeps me going on hard days. I know a lot of people have had a horrible 2016. So I wanted to post it for you all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNKu1uNBVkU And I hope 2017 is better all around for everyone struggling right now.

No joke, if ANY of feel you are ready for a new kid, I will happily find a way to get Harry to you. I want him in the best home, and I can't imagine a better home than with our devoted pet loving PSers.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, congrats on the new gig, you are already missed in RT. I hope 2017 is better for you than 2016.

I was so drawn to your pics of Harry. He looks like the clone of my kitty who died a few years ago. I wish my situation was more settled, and I didn't live across the country from you, or I would love to have him.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the BEST news! You were in a very dark place not so long ago, so hearing this is just wow!

Lots of luck in your new venture. You are such an expert with gems - it was only a matter of time before the Trade snapped you up :appl:

And the beautiful kitty.... He's gorgeous. Well done on your patience. You are one of life's true jewels (see what I did there?!)

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, you have my sincere wishes the new Trade/social media promo position is all (and more) than you hope/expect it to be -- the timing is great as you'll enter 2017 on an upswing and sometimes momentum is everything. And for sure I'll keep a lookout for LaylaR posts but you'll always be Gypsy to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results