shape
carat
color
clarity

Update, Happy Ending, Long

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey eveyone, so I''m still very much a semi-newbie here so people may not remeber my post awhile back, but I thought I would share anyway. I had fallen in love with my soon to be SIL''s engagement ring (seemingly to me to be around a 3 ct. diamond) and she had been kind enough to let me take a couple of photos, well when I posted them here for the lovely ladies on pricescope I found out that this lovely ring was more then likely not a diamond, well I secretly enjoyed this because of the way my SIL flashed her ring around and bragged when I myself only have an under .50 ct. e-ring (which I love even if it is from a maul store ;-)
Anywho last weeked the SIL asked me out for an afternoon movie and lunch, she''s not my favorite person but it sounded like some quality time to get to know each other better, and she''s not on this side of town that often so I agreed. Well it turns out that they had her "real" e-ring on layaway because of the economy they hadn''t had the money to purchase her ring outright, so the ring she bragged about so much was actually a stand in. Appartenly she had been too embarressed to admit that they couldn''t afford her ring out right so she claimed the stand in ring was the real deal. She still doesn''t have her ring yet, but I guess some mean lady at her place of employment called her out on it and she stopped wearing it. Her FI instead got her a little promise ring for the time being but now she didn''t want to keep the stand in. She said she knew how much I adored it and felt bad about how showy she was and wanted to offer it to me as a bridal gift! So now not only did I find out that my future SIL is totally normal and a really decent person that I can get along with, but I have a new right hand ring! (I still love my old one but it''s nice to have two)
So here it is in it''s full honest glory! (I put it on my left hand just to see what it would look like it''s nice to dream
4.gif
)
It''s a 2 ct. natural white topaz in 10K white gold.

*As a side note even though I don''t really post much I lurk a lot and I wanted to thank everybody on this forum, I have become ten times more knowledge about my bling obsession and feel very fortunate to have been about to stumble upon this site, it takes up all my spare time!
face23.gif

2DSC00975.jpeg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, sorry the pics. are so huge!

1DSC00968.jpeg

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
It''s very pretty- and how great that she fessed up to you and admitted the truth! She must have been feeling very insecure about their financial situation and I''m sure she''s glad to have been able to share the truth with you.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
It is amazing how people can feel insecure about e-rings
40.gif

The ring is still pretty and she should have kept it. Was it the ring she was proposed to with? There is nothing wrong with white topaz if it is represented as topaz. And I am glad you can enjoy it for what it is.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too bad she lied. It''s very pretty and I would have been proud to wear it and tell the truth. Congrats to you for getting a nice RHR.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring looks very nice on you. It''s not a perfect world and I give her kudos for ''fessing up! It''s not easy to admit when you''ve lied so good for her for trying to set the record straight - you two might just become very good friends!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring, and it looks great on you!
I am glad that you and SIL are working towards a great relationship!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
The ring is beautiful! That''s very nice of her to give it to you!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!! I love the ring!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring! And it''s so rare that someone fesses up like that, so good for your SIL.

How mean-spirited of her coworker to call her out! I guess the coworker got sick of her being showy, too, but still-that''s just not nice.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Glad you got to know your SIL.
1.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring!! Good to hear you and your SIL are working things out.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I am very happy that my first impression of her has turned out to be incorrect, and it seems as though we will have a nice relationship, marriage is always just a little easier when families can get along!
face1.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Oh! It is very pretty! How nice of her to give it to you!!!!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly? I thought that you were too lazy to clean your ring for pics
31.gif
...then I took the time to scroll back and forth to read your story... and I honestly never would have guessed it wasn''t a diamond!
That''s such a pretty ring!
I have a SIL that is a total COW... so blessings on you that you''re will have a good one!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes lies start & its hard to get out of. She probably just wanted a pretty ring to show off (like happened on THE HILLS) and never really *said* it was a diamond, but assumptions got made and she didn''t correct & soon it snowballed & then she got called out & was super embarrassed. Fantasy & reality are hard to reconcile ... LOL. Kudos to her for swallowing her pride & fessing up. It must have been hard ... And what a sweet idea to give you the ring you''d admired! (Good thing it wasn''t *YOU* who did the calling out, huh?)
1.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 9:00:13 PM
Author: thing2of2
Pretty ring! And it's so rare that someone fesses up like that, so good for your SIL.

How mean-spirited of her coworker to call her out! I guess the coworker got sick of her being showy, too, but still-that's just not nice.

Yeah, it's not every day you get engaged!

Sounds like she might be really nice, and really genuine about her hopes for the future with your family!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, that is SO good that you and your FSIL are getting to know one another better and she was honest with you! That''s really great! And it was really sweet of her to give you the ring, too!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!

caseygal

Rough_Rock
Trade
congrats on the gift! best of luck in keeping a good relationship with the SIL, but lucky you to get her hand me down!! i love the look of the topaz, i think it looks like an ice cube
10.gif
haha

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2009 9:00:13 PM
Author: thing2of2
Pretty ring! And it''s so rare that someone fesses up like that, so good for your SIL.

How mean-spirited of her coworker to call her out! I guess the coworker got sick of her being showy, too, but still-that''s just not nice.
agreed,, its a pretty ring.. fun to have RHR to wear!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
How sad that she felt embarrassed about not being able to afford a ring yet--there''s not shame in that!--but how brave of her to come clean and how kind of her to give you the ring you admired.

I hope the two of you become great friends & sisters. That would be a real happy ending.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a lovely ring, but I''m really more than happy that you''ve had a chance to speak with your SIL, and understand a bit more of her position. How lovely of her to offer the ring to you!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a pretty ring. Who cares if it''s not a diamond. I''m glad things worked out well and you feel like things have/will improve with FSIL.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 1:59:03 AM
Author: decodelighted
Sometimes lies start & its hard to get out of. She probably just wanted a pretty ring to show off (like happened on THE HILLS) and never really *said* it was a diamond, but assumptions got made and she didn''t correct & soon it snowballed & then she got called out & was super embarrassed. Fantasy & reality are hard to reconcile ... LOL. Kudos to her for swallowing her pride & fessing up. It must have been hard ... And what a sweet idea to give you the ring you''d admired! (Good thing it wasn''t *YOU* who did the calling out, huh?)
1.gif
Ditto!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
She sounds like a very nice person, and I can understand how she got into the situation that she did
1.gif
shame on that coworker for making her feel badly, how awful.

I''ve never seen a white topaz before, so thank you for posting the pics! It looks really beautiful, and I love the setting as well.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
The ring is beautiful... how nice for your SIL to give it to you! Sad behind the scenes story.. but lovely gift!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty and how sweet of her to give it to you
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Awww :) Thanks for sharing the pics, and it sounds like both you and your SIL learned an important lesson about honesty, humility, and how you should always be open-minded. I love that she gave you her ring, what a kind gesture! I love the story, think of the laughs and smiles you''ll all share when you retell that story 15 or 20 years from now :)

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
how generous of her to give it to you! it''s beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results