shape
carat
color
clarity

Upcoming IDJ visit!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really does look pretty - I voted for it in white metal but it looks fabulous in the yellow gold! Really makes the stone pop and since it is E-W and low, it is probably shows up better in the yellow gold now that I see it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. It looks fantastic. I am so happy for you!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PB, I LOVE those tiny claws! And the slight tapering of the shank is just PERFECT!

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Love your ring, PintoBean!!! I almost did a very similar setting for my marquise...ended up going in a different direction, but I've always loved those petals flanking the center stone. Congrats on your beauty!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks said:
It really does look pretty - I voted for it in white metal but it looks fabulous in the yellow gold! Really makes the stone pop and since it is E-W and low, it is probably shows up better in the yellow gold now that I see it!
CareBear said:
PB, I LOVE those tiny claws! And the slight tapering of the shank is just PERFECT!
Gypsy said:
WOW. It looks fantastic. I am so happy for you!
girlyglam said:
Love your ring, PintoBean!!! I almost did a very similar setting for my marquise...ended up going in a different direction, but I've always loved those petals flanking the center stone. Congrats on your beauty!
RosieR|1467387819|4050480 said:
That has turned out so pretty! Another fab addition to the collection :love:
Sweet ladies!!!! Thank you for your flattering compliments!!

Just a quick update - i was able to cancel the blue topaz baguette round bezel band when I got started with the marquise project - phew! I'm really excited about designing the 8 prong solitaire setting for the unicorn - "pollo". I am also considering the option of using my 0.87 ctw uncerted F/G excellent cut diamond milgrain studs from IDJ (gulp... from 5 years ago! :shock: ) as a wrap to create a faux 3-stone look. I have to see if they look good side by side. Since I wear these studs every day to keep my piercings from closing, they're not the cleanest diamonds right now lolol... I did put them side by side with my Miami and it didn't look glaringly different in the degree of whiteness. Just some stuff to ponder... ponder... ponder... :roll: :wall: :twirl: (not that my wallet likes all this "pondering") :lol:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That entire mounting is so beautiful, but her profile? I want one!!!!!!

PB, I'm getting itchy waiting....... Historically (LOL) that's not good for my budget. I keep trying to impress on my feeble brain that I can't spend more now. I just have to be patient until my ring is done.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gemgirl|1467900212|4052520 said:
That entire mounting is so beautiful, but her profile? I want one!!!!!!

PB, I'm getting itchy waiting....... Historically (LOL) that's not good for my budget. I keep trying to impress on my feeble brain that I can't spend more now. I just have to be patient until my ring is done.
I think you should get a ring like mine, too! I'm all about starting the sassy marquise club LOLOLOL!

Think of it this way, if they aren't open, then they can't take your money, so this is good for your budget LOLOLOL!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay :appl: :appl: :appl:

Getting close to the finish line! That diamond district siesta was a rough hump to get past lolol... Bling deprivation for sure! :errrr:

I've asked for the CAD below to be edited to be inner shank comfort fit, outer shank gentle knife edge, and the swoops/smiles to flow with the prongs. I like having a ring with smiles all around :D

_37911.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
INTRODUCING... drum roll please... the PINTO BEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wavey:
It looks smart, and doesn't make you fart! :dance: :whistle:
When you see it, you go WOOT :lickout: , but it won't make you toot!
It's timeless style will outlast, your last bout of gas! :appl:

8prongs_ring1.jpg

8prongsring2.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Pinto, you are too funny! :lol: :clap: :lol:

Love the design!

BTW, what is the story behind the Pinto Bean name?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh PB it's peeeepfect :lol: smiley chicken!!! I can't believe we'll be twinsies soon! How long until you get her?! :dance:

This reminds me I still have to add pics from my last IDJ trip!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1470336768|4062551 said:
Oh Pinto, you are too funny! :lol: :clap: :lol:
Love the design!
BTW, what is the story behind the Pinto Bean name?
It's time to spill the beans :naughty: . I'm an underground rapper - the notorious pinto bean :lol: :lol: :lol:

12 years ago, our dog brownie passed Away. One day, I dragged mom to an animal shelter and there were these two cute rat terriers - mother and daughter, age 1.5 and 2.5 years. We went back the next door after much begging and pleading on my part, and dad got a surprise when he came home for work...

I don't know what possessed me, but I decided that the daughter, who was smaller/thinner at the time should be called pinto, and the mom, who was rounder, and curves her body when she wags her tail because she wags her whole bottom should be called bean. We joked that as mother and daughter they are queen bean and princess pinto! I also got a kick out of the fact that we'd sound crazy whenever we'd call out to the dogs, "Pinto Beeeeaaaannnn! Pinto Beeeaaaannn!" Or obsessed with pinto beans :lol: :lol: :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The dog with more white is Pinto and the dog with more black is Bean.

_5113.jpeg

_5114.jpeg

_5115.jpeg

_5116.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ac117|1470359263|4062652 said:
Ahhh PB it's peeeepfect :lol: smiley chicken!!! I can't believe we'll be twinsies soon! How long until you get her?! :dance:

This reminds me I still have to add pics from my last IDJ trip!
Yes, we will be twinsies :appl: but im still pondering how does the fat twin (3.24 ct) end up on the skinny finger (sz 7), while the skinny twin (3.03 ct) end up on the fat finger (sz 9)? :think:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1470363716|4062667 said:
The dog with more white is Pinto and the dog with more black is Bean.
Cuteness overload!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3D/wax print of the Pinto Bean :dance:
_1312.png _1313.png _1314.png _1315.png

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great - can't wait to see it finished and on your hand! How long now?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1470443712|4062941 said:
It should be very soon. As soon as I got the video, actually, the mold was sent to be cast. IDJ turn around is fast, but... I have a pair of sapphire cabs to be set, 5 pointer jackets to fit them, and two bands to be sized up.

Then, I get my haul! Sassy marquise ring + pollo unicorn in pinto bean setting + the misc stuff. I'm going to be diligent about exercising and hydrating so that my size 9s will fit looser and I can stack me up!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1470453736|4062977 said:
MissGotRocks|1470443712|4062941 said:
It should be very soon. As soon as I got the video, actually, the mold was sent to be cast. IDJ turn around is fast, but... I have a pair of sapphire cabs to be set, 5 pointer jackets to fit them, and two bands to be sized up.

Then, I get my haul! Sassy marquise ring + pollo unicorn in pinto bean setting + the misc stuff. I'm going to be diligent about exercising and hydrating so that my size 9s will fit looser and I can stack me up!

You are too funny! But haul is right - lots of pretties coming your way! I'll keep an eye out for them!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my preview pics of the pollo unicorn in the pinto bean setting!!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:
No words... I'm floored! :appl:

_5194.jpeg

_5195.jpeg

_5196.jpeg

_5197.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indulge me one more...

_5198.jpeg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto,

You are one funny lady with great taste in jewellery!

I absolutely love that setting! So beautiful! :love: :love: :love:

:appl:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man that is one sexy chicken :naughty: :love: (gee, I never thought I'd say something like that :lol: )

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Princess Pinto and her mama Bean are TOTAL cuteness!!! :love: :love: :love:
And pollo unicorn looks absolutely DELISH in her 8 prong setting! I can't wait to see hand shots! Can we see her side by side with the EC?! :naughty:

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
Greetings everyone! At long last I too am a PSer! Thanks to PintoBean who forwarded me to this thread!!!
Your ring is gorgeous!!!! Uhm, where's the hand shot?

I too have embarked on a journey with IDJ for a custom Diamond Cross Pendant. Went there in person last Monday to place the order and the team was GREAT! Yekutiel and Joey are my "project managers". Hopefully, I'll have the CADs soon so I can share pics w/everyone.
#blingwithdrawalsyndrome

janlwf

Rough_Rock
Hi
Don't want to threadjack but I'm visiting New York next week for 2 days and hoping to fit in a visit to IDJ. I'm interested in a diamond tennis bracelet. Do I need an appointment? or is it okay to just visit their store? From their address, I guess they are on the third floor? (15 W 47th St #305, New York, NY 10036, ) Any suggestions from those that have been there many times would be appreciated.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
december-fire|1470788453|4064071 said:
Pinto,
December-fire!! :wavey: Thank you!!!
I'm still waiting for you to set up a store so that i can buy a marshmallow mouth dragon fly t-shirt!!!
ac117 said:
Oh man that is one sexy chicken :naughty: :love: (gee, I never thought I'd say something like that :lol: )
Sexy chicken LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: #twinning
CareBear said:
Princess Pinto and her mama Bean are TOTAL cuteness!!! :love: :love: :love:
And pollo unicorn looks absolutely DELISH in her 8 prong setting! I can't wait to see hand shots! Can we see her side by side with the EC?! :naughty:
Thanks CareBear - I will do side by side when I get my haul 2.0 for sure!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
QueenFVS|1470827038|4064221 said:
Greetings everyone! At long last I too am a PSer! Thanks to PintoBean who forwarded me to this thread!!!
Your ring is gorgeous!!!! Uhm, where's the hand shot?
I too have embarked on a journey with IDJ for a custom Diamond Cross Pendant. Went there in person last Monday to place the order and the team was GREAT! Yekutiel and Joey are my "project managers". Hopefully, I'll have the CADs soon so I can share pics w/everyone.
#blingwithdrawalsyndrome
Hi QueenFVS!!! :wavey:
I'm looking forward to hearing about seeing the progress on your project!!! I love visiting IDJ, too. They really are a great time and loads of fun.
janlwf said:
Hi
Don't want to threadjack but I'm visiting New York next week for 2 days and hoping to fit in a visit to IDJ. I'm interested in a diamond tennis bracelet. Do I need an appointment? or is it okay to just visit their store? From their address, I guess they are on the third floor? (15 W 47th St #305, New York, NY 10036, ) Any suggestions from those that have been there many times would be appreciated.
Hi janlwf!!! :wavey:
You're absolutely not threadjacking! We love hearing about new and exciting projects and visits to the store (please provide us some shots of goodies you spot!!!)
I would absolutely call them in advance so that they have items ready to show you. I'm a big fan of their new 3-prong setting tennis bracelet - which is what i ended up getting. You will find them to be a a very fun and warm group at IDJ!!! Have fun on your New York visit!!!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1470846808|4064318 said:
Pinto,
I'm still waiting for you to set up a store so that i can buy a marshmallow mouth dragon fly t-shirt!!!

Hmmmm, a store that sells t-shirts with my photos printed on them. :think:

Someone told me I could sell framed copies of my photo of the cardinal hovering over the snowshoe rabbit, but I never thought about t-shirts. Of course, I need someone with your genius and humour to come up with the accompanying one-lines.

Great idea, Pinto! How does 'Pinto-Fire' sound to you? :lol:

Now, can we see some more shots of that incredibly gorgeous solitaire?

I'm not going to call it a chicken ring!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
december-fire|1470847790|4064330 said:
PintoBean|1470846808|4064318 said:
Pinto,

Hmmmm, a store that sells t-shirts with my photos printed on them. :think:

Someone told me I could sell framed copies of my photo of the cardinal hovering over the snowshoe rabbit, but I never thought about t-shirts. Of course, I need someone with your genius and humour to come up with the accompanying one-lines.

Great idea, Pinto! How does 'Pinto-Fire' sound to you? :lol:

Now, can we see some more shots of that incredibly gorgeous solitaire?

I'm not going to call it a chicken ring!!!
Oh yeah - I already created the tagline for the dragonfly = I had to look for it in the nature wildlife thread:
"Some people are born with silver spoons in their mouths. I, on the other hand, was born with a MARSHMALLOW!!!!!!"

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results