shape
carat
color
clarity

Upcoming IDJ visit!

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
That is sheer fabulousness!! PB-300, what an honor!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I need to get edge to edge coverage - 24mm :naughty: just saying...

_5788.jpeg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1473804209|4076047 said:
This is what I need to get edge to edge coverage - 24mm :naughty: just saying...

Solitaires are beautiful.

But if you're looking for a more economical option, what about a lovely three-stone ring.

According to this chart I just came across, you might like the coverage provided by a three-stone ring with a 5-carat center and a 1.5-carat on each side.

Christmas is coming. Are you a winter baby? You know Christmas-Birthday combined gift? And the suggested three-stone using a 5-ct and two 1.5 ct sides would be quite reasonably-priced. Compared to a solitaire at 24 mm. ;))

size_diameter_carat_20weight_chart.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto,

Just read that a dime is about the size of a 20-carat diamond, and a Canadian dime is about 20 mm across.

Put a dime on your finger and see how the width looks! If its too small, you could get a 20-ct stone and halo it or go for a 25-ct stone.

Remember to post photos of the finished ring!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Oh, and if you find a 20-ct diamond you love, remember to reserve it before posting the photos here. You don't want someone to snatch up that baby

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, if I wasn't married to Mr. bean, I'd marry you right now December-fire. Bahahahahahhha :lol: :lol: :lol:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not giving you a 20-carat diamond, Pinto!!!

This was a 'proposed' idea. Not a 'proposal'! :shock:

Call me sexist, but I discriminate against women when it comes to a mate. I'm sticking with the manly man I have in my life. :))

Now, go tell your DH how wonderful he is for supporting you in acquiring your gorgeous diamonds, and say 'hi' to your incredible pollo unicorn for me.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
December-fire, I'm gonna make like dragonfly and insert marshmallow in mouth! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for DH... :errrr:
I'm going to just tell my DH that unlike the cats, the diamonds didn't come spayed/neutered. Somehow...Miami onion roll had some baguettes in the oven!

_5808.jpeg

_5809.jpeg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto, those are beautiful! :love:

Wait! My brain cells just started to function!

By any chance, do those five beautiful diamonds line up to create a dazzling path that extends for 24 mm?!?!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crap they are 3x5 each I believe and I'm going wow 5x5=25, when I'd be setting them such that it'd be 3x5=15 across my finger frack! I just moisturized my hands but I'm going to get a ruler and measure the round stones in my 5 stone!!!!

I'm panicking a smidge bc my 5 stone MRB seems to be 20mm edge to edge set, while each stone looks closer to 4mm? Show me the salad!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
_2480.jpg

Funny how I can use this thread as an IDJ wiki - found this within the first couple of pages! :lol: yeah it looks like I need 7 stones. Will need to talk to Y tomorrow :shock: :blackeye:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PB, those 5 ECs are absolutely DELISH! Are you making another ring?! Do you remember what size the ECs are in eternity band you have on in the photo? I really love the size!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1473866842|4076418 said:
CareBear|1473835668|4076272 said:
PB, those 5 ECs are absolutely DELISH! Are you making another ring?! Do you remember what size the ECs are in eternity band you have on in the photo? I really love the size!
No I dont remember what those were, but comparing to this pic of 25, 30, and 40 pointers (below), I think that they are 30-ish...
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/files/_37584.jpg']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/files/_37584.jpg[/URL]
What size are the 5 ECs you selected?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear said:
PintoBean|1473866842|4076418 said:
CareBear|1473835668|4076272 said:
No I dont remember what those were, but comparing to this pic of 25, 30, and 40 pointers (below), I think that they are 30-ish...
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/files/_37584.jpg']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/files/_37584.jpg[/URL]
Big and beautiful calorie-less baguettes - 40 pointers!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1473875743|4076473 said:
CareBear said:
Even better! :lol: Are you setting them vertical or horizontal?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear said:
PintoBean|1473875743|4076473 said:
CareBear said:
Even better! :lol: Are you setting them vertical or horizontal?
Tall and proud!! North-South!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Final answer - 7 stone, 40 pointers, G color because I'm afraid of the F's contrasting too much next to my K if I wanted to stack together on one finger. Now we have to decide U prong or airline...
And btw... POLLO unicorn is PREGNANT too!!! Ultrasound shows a litter of 20-10 pointer melee chicks (pollitos) !!! :appl:
Looking into diamond spay/neuter programs... :wall:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1473885069|4076558 said:
Final answer - 7 stone, 40 pointers, G color because I'm afraid of the F's contrasting too much next to my K if I wanted to stack together on one finger. Now we have to decide U prong or airline...
And btw... POLLO unicorn is PREGNANT too!!! Ultrasound shows a litter of 20-10 pointer melee chicks (pollitos) !!! :appl:

This thread truly is the gift that keeps on giving! I'm so happy to hear about the impending new additions to the family :dance:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RosieR|1473951406|4076916 said:
PintoBean|1473885069|4076558 said:

This thread truly is the gift that keeps on giving! I'm so happy to hear about the impending new additions to the family :dance:
That's too cute, RosieR!! :wavey:
I got VIDEO of my new baubles!!! I have permasmile right now; this has totally made my week!! What a way to brighten up hump day!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=XnUvUtHG3yA

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, Pinto! :o

I love your new ring and earrings! :love: :love: :love:

Do you have them yet?

People will need to wear sunglasses if you put on all your glorious diamond jewelry at the same time! 8-) :lol:

We need photos! Hundreds of photos!!!

:appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mama saw my bread basket and wants one now. Since she's a 6.25, I tried to see if I could get away with a 5 stone (sneaky sneaky), and Yekutiel laughed his butt off at me. He was like, you can't do that - has to be at least 7 stone if you have 7 stones, maybe 8! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Down payment made. Le sigh...Are there any more mamas I have that I don't know about that I need to buy bread baskets for?!?! Speak up or forever hold your peace, b/c I'm thinking we could do bulk discount if we have a bunch of mamas BAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAA!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baby, I've been wondering how to break the news to you! :wavey:

Size 6. ;-)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn't this look supe-a-dupe-a fly on mama's hand??!! :love:

img_13805.jpg

img_13806.jpg

img_13807.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto,

I just saw your Mother's incredible band in Show Me the Bling. Wow! :love: :love: :love:

I love the timeless elegance of this ring you've had created for your Mother and everything you've gotten for yourself. :appl:

Do you find you tend to wear certain pieces more often than others?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
december-fire|1480440944|4103463 said:
Pinto,

I just saw your Mother's incredible band in Show Me the Bling. Wow! :love: :love: :love:

I love the timeless elegance of this ring you've had created for your Mother and everything you've gotten for yourself. :appl:

Do you find you tend to wear certain pieces more often than others?
I haven't worn pollo yet, but I think she's too big and bold for me to handle on the day to day lololol! I actually feel more confident rocking the 4 carat EC + spacer + EC 7-stone because of the more "quiet" nature of the ECs.

I also like the hoops a LOT! i know people rock bigger hoops than these, but for me, they make me feel like "Pinto Bean from the block". :dance:

Q

Queenie60

Yes I did! I promised not to tell! He's making one up for me as well - smaller stones:twisted:. He wanted to show the spacing. I love the adjustable chain. Can't wait to see neck shots PB. You have the best collection.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it PB and congrats Queenie!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just have to say how much I LOVE THIS THREAD!!:love:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a neck shot of my dbty today. I have them holding the necklace until my two pairs of cabs are set. It also made the IDJ Instagram story today!
7x25 pointers!

IMG_2539.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results