shape
carat
color
clarity

Upcoming appointment at ERD--HELP!

sth1971

Rough_Rock
i just made an appointment with chris at ERD, and after telling him the specs i'm looking for (2.25-2.5, H/I, VS1-2, Ex cut, no bugdet), he said that the specs are really difficult to come by and when they do, they are not cheap. he quoted me a Rap per carat price of $16k+ per.

now, based on all my research and a quick PS search, shows that i should expect to pay somewhere between $12-14k per carat.

are my estimates way off here? or is ERD trying to be a typical diamond district vendor trying to gouge unsuspecting consumers? how should i handle this? what's been the experience of other PSers with ERD?

really appreciate any help!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
No worries. ERD is wonderful (love Mark & Chris!). They are a great vendor and highly respected around here. You're in great hands! Both my brother and I have bought diamonds/rings from them and we both had great experiences. Good luck!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have found ERD to be well priced. However, ask them to find you a diamond and quote you a price - we should evaluate diamond by diamond. If you find cheaper, there should be room for negotiation or else you can take your business else where especially for a RB.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results