shape
carat
color
clarity

Unusual wedding dress thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 9:46:34 AM
Author: icekid
Date: 3/6/2009 6:59:36 PM

Author: jstarfireb

The amethyst is beautiful! There are a ton on jeweler''s row of course, but I don''t have personal experience with any of them. My friend got her engagement ring at Barsky Diamonds and recommends them highly, but I don''t know if they set stones or do custom work. It may be worth a try!

You''re a Penn med student? I''m a medical resident at HUP! If you have a car, do what bootsiekin said! If not, the 32 bus goes there from Center City. It''s about a 45-minute ride, but it''s what us car-deprived folks are stuck with!

aww... I finally made it over here to check out the dress that inspired MTG to buy her pad (I love the dress, by the way!) and I''m greeted with Philly talk. I am so jealous- I wonder nearly daily if I made the wrong residency choice. I miss it so much- I liked my lifestyle there so much better.

MTG- tell me you didn''t hate Baltimore?? please
14.gif
I am pretty nervous about moving there.

Aww, sorry icekid! FWIW, I love Baltimore, especially the food! There are so many awesome restaurants. Never lived there, but I''ve been to Inner Harbor so many times as a kid, and I have a friend doing psych residency at UMD. Housing also seems to be substantially cheaper than Philly (at least cheaper than Center City).

You''re also just an hour-long train ride away by Amtrak if you miss the brotherly love.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

aww... I finally made it over here to check out the dress that inspired MTG to buy her pad (I love the dress, by the way!) and I''m greeted with Philly talk. I am so jealous- I wonder nearly daily if I made the wrong residency choice. I miss it so much- I liked my lifestyle there so much better.

14.gif

Haha, sometimes I wonder if I made the wrong med school choice by coming to Philly, my fiance''s car has already been busted into twice! :razz:

I loved Baltimore actually, what area are you thinking of living in? I can give you some great recommendations for places to eat out if you need them :) The night life there isn''t the best, but then again, I''m guessing most nights will be spent in the hospital anyways..lol. It''s definitely not a bad city, lots of cool places in the federal hill area and the yuppies have started to reclaim patterson park. I hope you like it there, I''m starting to miss it
7.gif

Are you doing your residency at Hopkins?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 3:50:45 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

14.gif

Haha, sometimes I wonder if I made the wrong med school choice by coming to Philly, my fiance''s car has already been busted into twice! :razz:

I loved Baltimore actually, what area are you thinking of living in? I can give you some great recommendations for places to eat out if you need them :) The night life there isn''t the best, but then again, I''m guessing most nights will be spent in the hospital anyways..lol. It''s definitely not a bad city, lots of cool places in the federal hill area and the yuppies have started to reclaim patterson park. I hope you like it there, I''m starting to miss it
7.gif

Are you doing your residency at Hopkins?
Hopkins, yep. I''m kind of leaning toward Canton/Patterson park-ish at this point, but that is without having really done a lot of looking around Baltimore yet. It is seeming likely that my husband will be commuting to Wilmington, DE so we need to be close to 95.

Too funny that your fiance''s car has been broken into twice already! We were fortunate; no problems all 4 years. However, I have a good friend who lives in a gated condo community in Baltimore and his car was recently stolen from there and involved in a high speed cop chase. eeek. I''m so glad to hear that you liked Baltimore, though. Regardless, I know it will be better than Delaware.

jstar- Philly has such fab restaurants, too. We don''t even eat out in Delaware, because we can never think of somewhere we WANT to go. I guess it saves money, at least. So far, it does not seem much cheaper than Center City, unfortunately (at least, if we''re going to live somewhere safe!)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lived in Andrew Place, it was really nice, the place is for sale now actually.

Best of luck navigating Baltimore, the subway system is nearly useless except that it does have a stop for Hopkins hospital (but few other relevant stops, lol).

And you''ve got to try out Mo''s Seafood restaurant, it''s delicious :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results