shape
carat
color
clarity

Unusual square emerald cut diamond

Bananaz

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I've been a lurker for some years and I am hopeful that you all can help shed some light on a particular diamond.

Let me just say, this is my engagement ring, and I LOVE it.

My SO found this stone after a year or so of looking. The price was right but the dimensions were very bizarre. Everything we had ever read about square emerald cuts or asscher brand cuts told us to run away screaming, but we took a chance.

Here are the stats: ( GIA cert)

Square Emerald Cut
6.85 x 6.84 x 2.94
1.13 Carat
Color grade: E
Clarity grade: SI1 (eye clean)
Excellent polish
Very good symmetry
No fluorescence
Table 70%
Depth 43%

Let me just say, I've never seen a diamond like this. It is beautiful with big bold and colorful flashes of light. Never goes dark and due to the large spread, shows the beautiful step pattern more so than any other one carat I have seen.

I'm crazy about it! :love:

My questions are; who would make something with these dimensions? Have any of you seen something this shallow?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

_610.jpeg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It must have just been a shallow piece of rough and they made the best of it. If you're happy and satisfied with the performance for the price paid there's nothing wrong with it. Enjoy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you love it and it's bright and happy... numbers don't matter unless you try to sell it. So keep it and enjoy it. You don't wear a report on your hand!

They probably did the best they could with the rough they had.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement, and on creating an engagement ring that you and your sweetie both love!

Isn't it fun to have a mesmerizing stone (or two or three) on your hand? :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results