shape
carat
color
clarity

Unusual ring setting

Isobel

Shiny_Rock
So I've done it again! Lol, I can't help myself, I'm sure most people will hate the setting ,but I had to have it!!
Won it on at an auction house. Its huge on me so will need to resize it down 3 sizes.
Diamond is 11mm by 9mm by 4.5mm aprox!
What would you call this setting? The hallmarks are worn unfortunately.
Any here own unusual looking rings/ settings like this?

IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That is a prong setting made to look like an illusion tension setting! Tell us more about the diamond.
Edited: technically it’s a solitaire with a very funky shank/ band. I’d guess 80’s/90’s?

Last edited:

Isobel

Shiny_Rock
Don't know much about the diamond, just the measurements. The diamond doesn't look clear in photos because the diamond is covered in finger prints lol. It's a really nice diamond in person.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Don't know much about the diamond, just the measurements. The diamond doesn't look clear in photos because the diamond is covered in finger prints lol. It's a really nice diamond in person.

Love the size of her! More pics please.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first thing that came to my mind is “brutalist.”

It’s a unique ring that would have tempted me, too - though I doubt I’d have had the guts and foresight to actually buy it. I’d probably have passed on it, and then immediately regretted that!

(I was relating your ring to a form of architecture. Based on this article, I guess “modernist” is the comparable term for jewelry in this case.)

Last edited:

Isobel

Shiny_Rock
The first thing that came to my mind is “brutalist.”

It’s a unique ring that would have tempted me, too - though I doubt I’d have had the guts and foresight to actually buy it. I’d probably have passed on it, and then immediately regretted that!

I was indeed like that!! But knew I would kick myself if I did! So glad I did as its really lovely in person :)

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!!!!
Congratulations.
So happy you found it.
Would he very interested to learn the specs once you clean her up.
Conversation starter for sure.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
I love unique rings, enjoy!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s interesting to look at, in a good way, like modern art. The cut on the diamond looks great too.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I dig it! Not an everyday ring for sure, but wow, what a statement piece!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results