shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

catlwade

Rough_Rock
I went shopping today for an e-ring, and didn''t love anything at all until I saw this Frank Gehry ring at Tiffany''s.
I searched to see if anyone had it on Pricescope and saw that everyone hated it as an e-ring!!! Ha - not me!

I have very artistic taste, so I LOOOOVED it. I also have very small fingers, size 3.5 ,so it looked nice and dainty on my finger. I am thinking of having something similar custom made with a bit larger diamond (the Tiffany is only .18 or something.) Maybe in a regular square setting )not angled square) with circular diamond.

I am wondering if anyone else has a ring like this? A round cut diamond in a square setting?

I know a lot of people hate it - but I love it! I can''t imagine having anything very sparkly with diamonds all over the place on my hand everyday....

21853429_M_OVER.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I really like it, too, actually! The photo in your post made me question the off-kilter square, but when I saw the whole thing on the tiffany link, I actually like the "off" shape - that''s what seems so artistic and modern to me, but I can see your point about wanting it more symmetrical as an e-ring. Good luck with your custom process and be sure to post pics when you''re done!

catlwade

Rough_Rock
Good - I was hoping ONE person liked it! I DO like the off symetry..I can''t decide what to do - I am def funky..I just wonder if I would have wanted something simpler in the long run! At least I have awhile to decide...

honey22

Ideal_Rock
It doesn''t matter if no-one else likes it - it will be yours to love and that''s all that matters.

If you were a guy asking whether to purchase this ring as a suprise for his gf, I would err on the side of caution as I would with any unique kind of ring and say play it safe. However, if you really love it for your own ring then go for it!!! It will be unique and you will get lots of compliments on it.

I would agree and say that it would look great with an symmetrical square - I am definately a symmetrical girl!!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I like it too but I would probably wear it as a pinky ring.

catlwade

Rough_Rock
I agree - I can''t care if everyone hates it! I LOOOVE it.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t worry what others think...if you love it, that is all that matters!

I think that it is beautiful and unique. I would love the fact that you probably won''t run into another too often (if at all).

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
I think its really cute and totally original for an ering - I don''t think it will be timeless, but if you are ok with that than I love it
2.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i really like it. i think it is great that it is unique. when i was looking for a ring i wanted something that i wouldnt see on every other woman. i think that fact makes it even more beautiful. i say get it and flaunt it!

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
yeah to you for finding a ring that you love! and will love to wear!!! that''s all that matters. i love that it is so original. best wishes to you!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it! I absolutely see the appeal of it, especially for an artist. And personally, I wouldn''t change a thing, I LOVE the abstract shape of the "halo". Well, OK, a bigger diamond would be awesome, but I wouldn''t change anything else!!!
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You love it (full stop). I understand!
36.gif
I have more than once piece from that wonderful collection and if cost (and consumption
9.gif
) were not an issue, I would have a lot more!

cheers--Sharon

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 8:03:53 PM
Author: honey22
It doesn''t matter if no-one else likes it - it will be yours to love and that''s all that matters.

If you were a guy asking whether to purchase this ring as a suprise for his gf, I would err on the side of caution as I would with any unique kind of ring and say play it safe. However, if you really love it for your own ring then go for it!!! It will be unique and you will get lots of compliments on it.

I would agree and say that it would look great with an symmetrical square - I am definately a symmetrical girl!!
Ditto - 100%.

If YOU love it, then that''s all that matters! It is definitely a cool and artsy ring!
1.gif

catlwade

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much everyone! You are all so encouraging and reassuring!! I''ll let you know what happens..:)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s awesome! I''ve tried it on in person and it''s really pretty. I agree with you that the diamond could be bigger, though!
9.gif
Please let us know what you end up getting, whether it''s the Tiffany ring or a custom one! (And post lots of pics!)

Lupinbunny

Rough_Rock
I think that ring''s pretty cool.
If you''re after really, really unique rings, and would consider something custom made (or tracking down a designer), try and find a copy of 500 Wedding Rings to browse through (or buy it). Here''s the amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/500-Wedding-Rings-Celebrating-Commitment/dp/1600590543

It''s a mix of conceptual art pieces that you couldn''t actually wear as a ring, and wearable but very different engagement/ wedding rings.
I bought a copy after finding "the" engagement ring for my boyfriend in it (he wants an engagement ring and a wedding ring that are two distinct separate rings, but neither is to have diamonds/ gems... took a bit off effort to find something that wouldn''t just look like wearing two wedding rings!)

darling

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s a lovely ring but I am biased, because I love bezels and unigue ideas. I hope you end up with a ring that inspires you.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I like that ring. I saw this one on signedpieces.com, and thought of you. Great deal!

stuartmoore01.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that it is very different! I ,unfortunately, have OCD with symmetry and could never pull it off. I am SURE you well many lovely compliments when you wear it!
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I love it too! It''s simple but makes quite a statement!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very cool!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a really cool ring, and unique! Congrats!

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
a friend of mine showed me that ring on tuesday, telling me how much she loved it and how different she thought it was -- so you''re definitely not alone!! if you love it, that''s the most important thing!!

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
i actually LOVE it! you have splendid taste. i used to be an architecture student and find that style timeless. gotta love frank gehry =) good for you for having stylishly different e-ring taste.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
What an awesome ring.....can''t wait to see what you come up with!!!!

Lori

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
The more I see this Gehry ring, the more I like it.

Thank you for posting!

I do agree that the center stone could be larger.
31.gif

21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring is different and unique, so if you love it, go for it. I do agree with Dreaming of the Day that the style is a bit too "modern" to be considered timeless, but many people change their styles over time, so that may not be an issue for you if you possibly want to change out your eng. ring later in life.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results