shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique officiant gifts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I did a thread search and there are few/no threads about officiant gifts.

Our officiant is FI''s uncle and he and his wife have done SO much for us over the past 4 years. TONS. They''re our pseudo-parents.

We''re looking to spend between $300-$500. They just remodeled and added on to their gorgeous lakefront home. They''re aging hippies. They love the outdoors- skiing, biking, tennis, golf. They have very nature-y and eclectic taste. They also like to entertain and party a great deal (who wouldn''t when you live on a lake?!).

A few ideas thus-far, none of which completely bowl us over...
-A wine fridge/cellar or a mini kegerator
-Contribute to their ski passes or get them a gift certificate for a CO ski resort ($500 would cover *maybe* 2 days)
-Contribute to their travel costs for the wedding.

I know it''s hard to ask for suggestions when all of you ladies don''t actually know this couple, but if you had $300-500 to spend on close relatives, what would you get them? We want something that they would love/enjoy/use but something that they wouldn''t necessarily pay for themselves because it isn''t a necessity.

TIA
5.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
What about an airline gift card? Some airlines do them (I know Southwest does, I got one for my 21st bday), and the one I''ve got doesn''t expire. That way they could get a trip that they want, when they want/need it.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Since we didn't know our officiant ahead of time, we just gave him a very nice tip in a card... It was a total waste of money, however, since after weeks and weeks of waiting for my marriage certificate to come in the mail, I called and found out that our officiant had waited 5 weeks to file our paperwork after the ceremony... (grumble grumble)
29.gif

Your ideas all seem great. I would probably try to get them a gift though, rather than just paying for their travel expenses (unless you think they're in a position where that would really help). It would be more special that way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results