shape
carat
color
clarity

Unheated Sapphire Round Cut 6.5mm- 7.5mm recommendations

IslandBB

Shiny_Rock
Hello:
I am fairly new to this forum and after weeding through some posts about sapphires, and looking at loose sapphires, I need help. I have a beautiful setting and am looking for a round sapphire that leans towards a cobalt color. Bright, but still deep blue. Royal is great, but it has to have vivid color.
My price range is not high. I'd like to cap it off at $2500 for a round stone as described that also is cut nicely, etc. So far, not so recommended vendors are where I'm seeing what I want- but the quality or cut isn't ideal. Is this just an unrealistic budget for a nice sapphire in that color that is unheated?
Thank you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
Have you post in our Color Stone forum? They can help you find what you are looking for plus
they know lots about colored stones and which vendors are good vendors. You can post here...

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/forums/colored-stones.11/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/forums/colored-stones.11/[/URL]

Or hit Report Concern and ask Admin to move your post to the colored stone forum.

Can you post a picture of your setting? Would love to see it!

tyty333

Edit...also wanted to point out that Colored Stones are usually bottom heavy which may/or may not be an issue with your
set setting.

IslandBB

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I was reading up on another colored stone, so sapphires are still new to me. I appreciate the input. I will post on the colored stone forum shortly. And thanks for the note about bottom heavy stones... I've seen a few like that and yes, the prongs have to be adjusted for certain stones. I will try to post the setting when some stones are set. It's basically a much simpler version of the ring Brad Pitt gave Jennifer Aniston. LOL.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Easy answer if you are still checking here....Gemfix. I was looking for one a couple of years ago and had the hardest time finding one, but Gemfix usually has a great selection and they are well cut, too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results