shape
carat
color
clarity

Unheated 4.10 carat stone - opinions please!

diamondgirl5k

Shiny_Rock
Hello, Can you please help me with a sapphire purchase? I currently have two navy sapphire rings that are just too dark for me. I found a stone that I think will fit my color preference, but I want to know what your true opinions are. is this a good stone? Is the window horrible? will it look dark once set? t also doesn't appear to be perfectly symmetrical, will this be a problem setting it in the halo? thank you! tempImageAgrD5y.png tempImage7L3FUX.png tempImage2aMtCr.png

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 for video request.

are you talking about the outline shape not being symmetrical, the pavilion not being symmetrical or a wavy girdle? All are different areas of thought when setting.

Very pretty from the pics posted.

Last edited:

diamondgirl5k

Shiny_Rock
I'm trying to upload the videos I have but it won't let me, do I have to post it to YouTube or something?

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it looks like that, I think it's very pretty. I like the medium tone and super-vivid -- almost electric blue -- saturation.

Unless it is very fully priced, I am 90% certain that the blue channel has been boosted on this and it will be much less impressive in person.

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
Nice stone.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From experience, that stone will look very close in-person to what was posted.

Great info!
Would you be willing to share (generally of course) how similar your latitude/natural light is to the vendor?
I think if the OP’s geographical location isn’t that similar as well - he/she might want to take that into consideration.
(As I sigh woefully from Midwest USA)

PS- @diamondgirl5k
Please post your other sapphires you say are too dark, so we can have a frame of reference. Thanks!

Last edited:

diamondgirl5k

Shiny_Rock
Great info!
Would you be willing to share (generally of course) how similar your latitude/natural light is to the vendor?
I think if the OP’s geographical location isn’t that similar as well - he/she might want to take that into consideration.
(As I sigh woefully from Midwest USA)

PS- @diamondgirl5k
Please post your other sapphires you say are too dark, so we can have a frame of reference. Thanks!

I’m in Dallas. The seller is Ceylonsapphiregems on IG. I’ll post my other rings tonight.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This seller is much closer to the equator than I am. I'm in So Cal, so on par with Dallas.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The window is minimal. The shape is slightly unsymmetrical but thats not a huge negative.
The colour is fabulous. That’s what you are buying.
Yes it will darken slightly with setting but that’s normal.
Depending where you live and the time of year changes the intensity of colour in daylight conditions. Winter and further away from the equator means less light intensity.
The sapphires tone and hue are very good, it should look lovely in most lighting conditions,

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PinkAndBlueBling ’s post #8 holds weight because she’s a repeat customer of the same vendor of the stone you are asking about.

it holds more relevance to you, with you both being in southern area of USA, compared to someone further away from the equator - while still being a true statement.
Colored gems can and do look more vivid in natural sunlight closer to the equator -

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@diamondgirl5k this thread started by @PinkAndBlueBling gives info on the seller which could be helpful. I for one am dying to buy one of his sapphires if only I had the cash flow to do so!!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I buy from him frequently, always by wire transfer. Shipping has been completely reliable. Stones are as represented - although I find in person they tend to be a tad darker than I see on my screen. Hue has always been accurate. Not sure if that’s my phone settings or his videos. But I tend to take that into account when assessing his stock.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@diamondgirl5k Yes, by wire transfer. It's super easy and a minimal fee. When you buy from him he then sends the stone to the lab for the report. After that, he has to give the stone to the gov't agency for export. I always ask him when he expects it to ship, given these variables. Lockdown has had an impact on shipping times, but once it leaves the country it's only a matter of days.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see some sort of feather running from top to bottom on the far right in the last still picture. Could be a reflection though. Other than that, the colour is gorgeous and shape is not an issue unless you refuse to go custom.

diamondgirl5k

Shiny_Rock
I see some sort of feather running from top to bottom on the far right in the last still picture. Could be a reflection though. Other than that, the colour is gorgeous and shape is not an issue unless you refuse to go custom.

hi can you please circle where you see the feather? thanks

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour of this stone is lovely and the window is minimum.

It may not be completely symmetrical, however, it is a lovely stone to my untrained eyes, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in Dallas. The seller is Ceylonsapphiregems on IG. I’ll post my other rings tonight.

On topic - I love the color of the sapphire you are considering. Just beautiful!

**edited by moderator, this is not allowed, please read our policies**

Last edited by a moderator:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
**edited, this is not allowed please**

@kgizo I am in the TN area in the summer so wouldn't make 6/19 but I live in south TX most of the rest of the year, so please loop me in on this as well if you don't mind!

Last edited by a moderator:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm also in DFW. If you look on the thread about them, you can see my sapphire I bought from him. I thought in similar lighting conditions to their pictures it looked basically identical. His verbal description in messages was also accurate (I'd asked about color in dimmer lighting). I had a great buying experience. His listings usually mention if there are feathers in the stone.

diamondgirl5k

Shiny_Rock
this is the lab report. Does this seem legit? Never heard of hem before.

Attachments

• FA5C21A1-5C95-4544-9B8C-6195432DBB0D.jpeg
    FA5C21A1-5C95-4544-9B8C-6195432DBB0D.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 64

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if it is legit either as I've never heard of them.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I asked him and sent him this pic and he said there’s no feather.

Can you give us at least a ballpark price you are being quoted?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results