shape
carat
color
clarity

Unheated “Mermaid” Tanzanite in Platinum

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My latest project - an unheated “mermaid” tanzanite precision cut by Alex Weber in a brushed platinum ring by David Klass.

I’ve had this tanzanite for a while, I asked Alex (@premiergemstones) to cut it for me after seeing one of his posts on Instagram.

Here was his post about my gem:

I wanted a simple, structured setting for this stone that would also protect it (I know it’s not for everyday wear) and DK & team came through, as always!

IMG_5537.jpeg IMG_5536.jpeg IMG_5535.jpeg IMG_5534.jpeg IMG_5533.jpeg

missyc

Rough_Rock
Lovely colour! I am team bezel - they are just so buttery smooth on the finger. You won't even notice it's there!

Oh, and hand shots please :bigsmile:

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely colour! I am team bezel - they are just so buttery smooth on the finger. You won't even notice it's there!

Oh, and hand shots please :bigsmile:

Thank you so much! It’s quite the chameleon in different lighting. I do love a good bezel! DK and team created a perfect one here - structured to go with the precision cut of the gem! I’ll get some hand pics posted for sure!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so pretty! Looking forward to seeing hand shots too!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Ally T !

It changes color all the time - from blue, to gray, to purple, sometimes a tinge of green

IMG_5459.jpeg
IMG_5532.jpeg
IMG_5543.jpeg
IMG_5574.jpeg IMG_5577.jpeg

I am enjoying its many moods (similar to mine :lol: )

This is one of my favorite rings I've seen in years! I love how the pleochroism makes the colors dance through the stone. The setting is perfect for it, and for your hand. What a beautiful, fascinating ring!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I'm fascinated by these, in a way I don't understand why they ever heated them if they looked like this! I love them and their shifting color.
I love the ring they built for it- it's perfect.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Ally T !

It changes color all the time - from blue, to gray, to purple, sometimes a tinge of green

IMG_5459.jpeg
IMG_5532.jpeg
IMG_5543.jpeg

That is spectacular and must be fun to see these color shifts. Beautifully done.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how it changes color so much!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Ally T !

IMG_5459.jpeg
IMG_5532.jpeg
IMG_5543.jpeg

Gosh, it’s a proper chameleon! It’s lovely!

missyc

Rough_Rock
What amazing presence it has on your hand! :kiss2:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Ally T !

IMG_5459.jpeg
IMG_5532.jpeg
IMG_5543.jpeg

Ewe I see the green you are mentioning! Reminds of an Alexandrite with all of those beautiful colors coming through! The setting is perfect for it and I love the band you have with it too!!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is one of my favorite rings I've seen in years! I love how the pleochroism makes the colors dance through the stone. The setting is perfect for it, and for your hand. What a beautiful, fascinating ring!

Aww thank you so much @glitterata ! I can’t believe it took me so long to set it, and I’m super happy with DK’s execution. It’s fun to see all the different colors - I am having a love affair with these types of multicolor stones (I just recently discovered the allure of opals) :love:

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm fascinated by these, in a way I don't understand why they ever heated them if they looked like this! I love them and their shifting color.
I love the ring they built for it- it's perfect.

Thank you @ItsMainelyYou ! I know what you mean re: heating! I also love that vibrant blue-purple but this chameleon is fun. Thanks again to DK & team for making such a nice setting!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gosh, it’s a proper chameleon! It’s lovely!

Haha that she is! I’m considering calling her Karma (Chameleon) :bigsmile:

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ewe I see the green you are mentioning! Reminds of an Alexandrite with all of those beautiful colors coming through! The setting is perfect for it and I love the band you have with it too!!

Thank you @cushioncutnut ! The green is very subtle, but when I see it, it makes me happy. An Alexandrite is on my wish list, so this is a good sub for now ;-)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun ring! I can imagine that some stones change a bit and not all of the colors would be to one's liking. However, this stone never knew a bad color!! So pretty, the setting is perfect and you get to watch a light show all day. Well done again!!!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
This ring is so gorgeous and I just love it! Perfect summer mermaid ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results