shape
carat
color
clarity

Unhappy with resized ring - opinions please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tara

Rough_Rock
I have had my brand new engagement ring resized. It has come down 2 sizes (L to J UK sizes I think)

To my layman eyes it looks uneven and off centre, and I would welcome your opinions on whether this is what to expect, and if not can it be recified?

Also the jeweller told me that the ring would be heated and resized so "I wouldn't loose any gold". This seems to conflict with what I have read here - is this method possible?

Many thanks,

Tara

I hope the ring picture is attached ....

ring 033.jpg

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
I can definately see where it is not even. And it shouldn't look like that. Did you purchase that setting from him?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I've had a ring resized before, like you described. But I went up in size. Not down. Typically resizing down involves cutting the shank, removing a section, and soldering the shank back together.

Yes, the ring looks misshapen. I would suggest you ask your friends and family who they have used that does good metal work and take the ring elsewhere to be repaired. That jeweler obviously does not have a very good smith working for him/her.
1.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/7/2004 11:38:17 AM pqcollectibles wrote:

I would suggest you ask your friends and family who they have used that does good metal work and take the ring elsewhere to be repaired. That jeweler obviously does not have a very good smith working for him/her.
1.gif
----------------

It might be nice to take the ring back to where you got it resized and tell them that you regret very much that you will have to have your ring resized eleswhere, as the quality of the work was not exactly up to par. It might be some apprentice who screwed this up, but they should have seen it and fixed it before it got back to you... In any case, it might be helpful to send them and email or call them or tell them in person that you're not happy, so hopefully they can fix the situtation (they might well try to fix it for you, but if you don't trust them that much, at least they can keep and eye on or find a new benchman!)

tara

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info.

I took the ring back in to the jewellers and they agreed it was not up to much so they are going to order a new replacement ring (which will come in the right size I hope)

Best regards,

Tara

summer123

Rough_Rock
you could ask them to put a "butterfly" in it...but it will cost about $150-200

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results