carat
color
clarity

Unexpected medical adventure

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Has anyone had IV steroids?

Wondering if it makes your arm ache during and after the IV drip...
Not sure if it was that or just already sore from so many pokes in the day.

TP - I have had IV steroids. In fact, had them today before an infusion for an autoimmune disease.

I would tell your doctor.

Also I would ask the nurses to make sure the IV isn’t occluded- even partially. That can really hurt! Even if it looks like the IV drip is going sometimes there is a partial occlusion. And if they turn up the drip to make it go faster, and that hurts, I’d ask them to check the IV or give you a new one. I know when it had hurt something has been up with the IV.

Thinking of you. Feel better!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh one more thing. If your nurses are worried about doing a new IV, ask them to get an ICU nurse down to put another one in. And if all else fails and they are having trouble with veins, tell them to get their vein light scanner thing that helps them finds veins.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes, so sorry to hear about the vein and needle problems. Glad they found an effective way to make the infusion easier for you. I hope you're out of there tomorrow with a diagnosis and treatment plan that doesn't involve any more injections or iv's.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too Patient, You really have been thru a lot. I’ve been thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way the past few days. I hope you are able to get a good night sleep and are able to go home tomorrow. Your furbabies are going to be thrilled to have their mom home.

Honey you are a pricescoper through and through. The comments you made about the nurses ring made me laugh.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We talked about @Wink and his gorgeous cuts plus a local jeweler I am planning to go browse when I get out of here.

I am sorry to hear you are in such stress, and if I may be allowed a chuckle, I find myself both a little overwhelmed and yet also honored to be used as a temporary pain killer while talking with your nurse. When you get out of the hospital I hope that both of you have a GREAT visit with the local retailer. She sounds like just the kind of nurse that we would all hope for when we need one.

Wink

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checking in here @TooPatient & catching the updates. Fabulous news about no tumours!! Bummer about the difficulty with the IV though.

I've been thinking about you & send even more gentle hugs. I hope they can get some answers & a plan in place going forward, and then you can go home x

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steroids took my normally middle of the healthy range blood sugar and spiked it high. Had to have insulin brfbef need. Glad I asked to stay in order to do the last one here. I never would have known to check.

I have been writing up my list of questions for the Drs in the morning. Need to ask about how long my blood sugar will be impacted and what I need to do to dtst healthy. Depending on that answer, asking for a nutritionist to help me get some good plans to stay healthy. (Our usual is good, but i don't know of it is great for sensitive blood sugar).

Going to imsiin on an ultrasound IV guy checking my IV before the last steroid treatment. I have minor discomfort and he said to have checked before use if that is the case. Since no one else could identify clearly bad IV lines, I want the expert in on this.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too Patient, You really have been thru a lot. I’ve been thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way the past few days. I hope you are able to get a good night sleep and are able to go home tomorrow. Your furbabies are going to be thrilled to have their mom home.

Honey you are a pricescoper through and through. The comments you made about the nurses ring made me laugh.

It was probably quite a site! Me laying strapped to a table in tears with my butt hanging out. Incoherent with fear asking her to bring her ring for me to see closer. Crying into the oxygen mask while checking out the faceting. Mall store, unfortunately, but I did like the style. Needed a good clean too. Might show off a bit better without daily grime from the soaps they use.

KiloSierra

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hugs to you, TooPatient!

I have no experience with what you’re going through but want you to know I’m listening and thinking of you on this journey! What a great tribe here, you’ve got a lot of people rallying for you! ❤️

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TP, thinking of you and sending strength across the pond.

You sure deserve a HUGE ROCK when all this is over!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient you have been through a helluva lot these past few days and finally some light (literally and figuratively) at the end of the tunnel. :appl:
And I am with @kipari...you deserve whatever bling (or anything else) your heart desires. In the meantime let us entertain you with some jaw dropping beauties.

Since the dawn of times, people have always been attracted to beautiful, mystified and rare objects.

Sounds a bit dramatic but wars have started for less (unfortunately).

This is probably why many inquire about the most famous diamonds in the world as well as the most expensive diamonds in the world. When you come to think of that, unsurprisingly, both lists are exactly the same!

Below you'll find a list that we constantly update with these special and rare beauties. One might thing that such a list doesn't change that often but the fact is that in recent years due to the constant increase in prices of natural colored diamonds, records are broken quite often and naturally the "new" most expensive diamond immediately becomes also one of the most famous ones.

A great example would be the latest "official" most expensive diamond the Blue Moon Diamond that was sold only November 16th 2015 for the astounding amount of $48.5 Million!

With no further delay we present you the list of:

Hope-Diamond.jpg

The Hope Diamond
  • Blue Diamond
  • |
  • 45.52 carat
  • |
The Hope Diamond is a Fancy Dark Grayish Blue Diamond, weighs 45.52 carats. The diamond was found in India (1642). Originally the diamond was 132.00 carats. It was set in the royal crown of Luis the 14th. It was stolen during The French revolution. In 1830 a blue diamond was bought by a diamond dealer named Henri Thomas Hope. There are people that believe that this diamond is part of the hope diamond. There is also a legend one might say that a curse was placed on the stone and brings bad luck to anyone that owns it.

MOST EXPENSIVE DIAMONDS LIST
- BY NATURALLY COLORED -
Blue-Moon-Diamond.jpg

Blue Moon Diamond
  • Blue Diamond
  • |
  • 12.03 carat
  • |
The Blue Moon Diamond in his new name The Blue Moon of Josephine is the proud owner to the title Most Expensive Diamond in The World! It is an Internally Flawless 12.03 carat Fancy Vivid Blue Diamond that his history goes back to 2014 when he was unearthed by Petra Diamonds.

Wittelsbach-Diamond.jpg

Wittelsbach Graff Diamond
  • Blue Diamond
  • |
  • 31.06 carat
  • |

Without a doubt one of the most famous diamonds in the world. Bought in 2008 for 23.4 million dollars by renowned jeweler Sir Laurence Graff as a fancy grayish-blue diamond weighing 35.56 and repolished to 31.06-carat deep blue diamond - An action that raised many eyebrows due to the history and legacy of the diamond.

Moussaieff-Red-Diamond.jpg

The Moussaieff Red Diamond
  • Red Diamond
  • |
  • 5.11 carat
  • |
Red colored diamonds are very rare. The Moussaieff diamond is the largest known red diamond weighing 5.11 carats. The diamond was found ny a farmer in Brazil around the year 1990.

The Cullinan Diamond
  • White Diamond
  • |
  • 3,106.75 carat
  • |
  • N/A
The diamond industry works in mysterious ways. There are guidelines for pricing. If you harness these guidelines to your advantages you can, with minor adjustments, easily save 20-50% off the price of your diamond. Don't buy cheap diamonds, be a smart buyer.

Koh-i-Noor Diamond
  • White Diamond
  • |
  • 108.93 carat
  • |
  • N/A
Koh-i-Noor means a mountain of light (Persian translation). It is a white diamond weighing 108.93 carats. The story behind this diamond goes back to the year 1302. According to the legend the name was given to the diamond by the Persian shah, that was stunned by its beauty. In 1849 the diamond was sent to queen Victoria where it was cut once more (original weight was 186 carats), then its weight decreased to 108.93 carats and was set in Queen Elizabeth’s crown .

Taylor-Burton Diamond
  • White Diamond
  • |
  • 69.42 carat
  • |
  • N/A
The Taylor-Burton Diamond is a white pearshape diamond weighing 69.42 carats. The name was given after Mr. Richard Burton has given it as an engagement ring to his wife to be Elizabeth Taylor. In the year of 1987 after the couple divorced, Elizabeth Taylor had put up the diamond for a public auction and the money she received was donated to build a hospital in Africa.

the-incomparable-diamond.jpg

The Incomparable Diamond
  • Yellow Diamond
  • |
  • 407.49 carat
  • |
  • N/A
The Incomparable is a colored diamond weighing 407.49 carats. Its color is of a Brownish Yellow Diamond and was found in the beginning of the 1980’s.

Tiffany Yellow Diamond
  • Yellow Diamond
  • |
  • 128.54 carat
  • |
  • N/A
Once the biggest yellow diamond in the world, the dazzling Tiffany Yellow Diamond was cut from 287.42 carats into a magnificent 128.54 carat yellow diamond.

Noor-ul-Ain-Diamond-Tiara.jpg

Noor-ul-Ain Diamond Tiara
  • Pink Tiara
  • |
  • 60 carat
  • |
  • N/A
The Noor-ul-Ain Diamond Tiara was given to Empress Farah Diba when she married Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi, the last shah of Iran. The centerpiece is a 60 carats pink diamond which on its own is a contender to the crown as one of the most important pink diamonds out there. Surrounding it with hundreds of colored diamonds and centuries of royal history make it irreplaceable.

aurora-butterfly-of-peace.jpg

Aurora Butterfly of Peace
  • Multi Color
  • |
  • 167 carat
  • |
  • N/A
An unmatched private collection made by Alan Bronstein compiled of 240 colored diamonds - almost as the number of diamond colors. The collection features all of the colors of the rainbow and the total diamond weight is 167 carats.

Sending you bucketloads of continued healing dust. Fingers crossed for continued visual improvement and big big (((hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eye candy continued...

For thousand of years, most expensive diamond become one of the most popular collection of the rich and the king. Diamond is one of the most wanted mining products. You can be rich instantly if you found a big and rare diamond in the backyard of your house. These most expensive diamond are the most wanted one that almost all people in the world want to save in their mansion or palace. Let’s take a look at those most expensive diamond in the wor
10. The Allnatt Diamond : $ 3 Millions

This diamond is named after Major Alfred Ernest Allnatt. He was one of the holders of the diamond. The Allnatt diamond has size of 101.29 carat (20.258 g) with a cushion cut. The diamond color is rated as fancy vivid Yellow by the Gemological Institute of America. No one know precisely where the diamond was found. But some expert say that the diamond was found where the De Beers premier diamond mine now located.

The Allnatt Diamond

9. The Moussaieff Red Diamond : $ 7 Millions

The Moussaieff Red Diamond is 5.11 carats (1.022 g) diamond with triangular brilliant cut that rated as Fancy Red in colour by the Gemologial Institute of America (GIA). Although Moussaieff is relatively small compared to other expensive diamond, this is the largest fancy red ever rated by GIA.

The Moussaieff Red diamond

8. The Heart of Eternity : $16 Millions

The Heart of Eternity is a 27.64 carats (5.528 g) diamond with a color rated as Fancy Vivid Blue by the Gemological Institue of America. This diamond is very rare class of colored diamond. It was cut by the Steinmetz group before sold to De Beers Group. The diamond itself was found in premier diamond mine in South Africa.

The Heart of Etenity diamond

7. Wittelsbach Diamond : $ 16.4 Millions

The Wittelsbach diamond (Der Blaue Wittelsbacher) is a 35.36 carats (7.11 g) blue diamond with size of 40 mm in diameter with 8.29 mm in depth and VS 2 in clarity. It was become part of both Austrian and Bavarian crown jewels, with color and clarity has been compared to the Hope Diamond (you can see below on No. 4).

Wittelsbach diamond

6. The Steinmetz Pink : $ 25 Millions

The Steinmetz Pink is 59.60 carats (11.92 grams) of diamond that rated as Vivid Pink by the Gemological Institute of America. It’s the largest known diamond that given a color as Fancy vivid pink ever. The Steinmitz Pink was displayed as part of Smithsonian’s “The Splendor of Diamons” exhibition.

The Steinmetz Pink Diamond

Advertisement

5. De Beers Centenary Diamond: $ 100 Millions

The De Beers Centenary Diamond were classified as D levels by the Gemological Institute of America. It’s the highest grade of a diamond that colorless and internally and externally flawless. The diamond itself is 273.85 carats (54.77 grams) in weight. This diamond is the 3rd largest diamond has been produced by De Beer’s Premier Mine.

De Beers Centenary Diamond

4. The Hope Diamond : $350 Millions

The hope diamond is 45.52 carats (9.10 grams) large diamond that now located in the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History in Washington DC. The diamond looks blue in color to the naked eye because the number of traces of boron in the crystal structure but It shine a red phosphor under ultraviolet light.

The Hope Diamond

3. The Cullinan : $ 400 Millions

The Cullinan Diamond is 3,106,75 carats (621.35 grams) diamond and is the largest rough gem quality diamond ever found in the world. After polished it become Cullinan I or Star Africa first and at 530.2 carats (106.0 grams) is the largest diamond in the world until 1985 with the Golden Jubilee of 545.67 carats (109.13 grams) from the same premier Mine.

The Cullinan Diamond

2. The Sancy Diamond : (Unestimated, Priceless)

The Sancy diamond is 55.23 carat (11.05 grams) of pale yellow diamond that once was famous as the belonging of the Great Moguls. It’s believed that the diamond is Indian origin. This is the first large diamonds to be cut with symmetrical facets. The stone is also unusual because it has no pavilion – just a pair of crowns, one on the other. This historical diamond is now kept in the French Crown Jewel collection housed at the Louvre.

The Sancy Diamond

1. Koh-I-Noor : (Unestimated, Priceless)

Koh-I-Noor means as “Mountain of Light” from Persian. It’s a 105 carat (21.6 grams) diamond that was once the largest known diamond in the world. The Koh-I-Noor was originated at Golconda in the Andhra Pradesh state of India. It was owned by various Sikh, Mughal and Persian rulers that fought each other from time to time. The stone was found to measure 36.00 × 31.90 × 13.04 mm. The gem remains the property of the British crown and is kept in HM Tower of London and it’s a popular tourist attraction.

Koh-I-Noor diamond

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. I'm sure the nurse has told you what to expect while on steroids and what to watch out for. Re: IV insertion, it's no fun being a pincushion. Stay strong.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. I'm sure the nurse has told you what to expect while on steroids and what to watch out for. Re: IV insertion, it's no fun being a pincushion. Stay strong.

Nope! Wasn't told anything. A bit about irritability but nothing more. And the IVs I was told nothing and when I asked about ongoing pain was told I think was normal. Found out the next day that it was a bad IV and pain all gone when a good IV nurse got it out.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'll be more thirsty and more hungry and your blood sugar may rise. I can tell you it's no fun to put IVs in small veined people lol.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checking in. It sounds like you're near the end of the bulk of the testing extravaganza you've been subjected to. Welcome (?) to the club of people who have been through a significant encounter with the medical maw. ;))

So, today you're supposed to find out the results of the LP, correct?

Steroids. I'm really glad I've never had to take those. Yet. I hope I never have to. Oh, and I just read that the effects of steroids on blood sugar, are temporary - like a week or so. It sounds like long courses are more of a problem, but since you're just getting massive doses for a short period, it sounds like you'll be back to normal pretty quickly.

I hope your eye starts coming back very soon. Can you tell anything yet?

And medical people giving you ZERO clue about what you might experience, is a feature (pretty much) NOT a bug. (And as everyone should know by now: I have stories about that too. :rolleyes: I have WAY too much experience in the medical world. It's sad.) And way too often, doctors and nurses become dismissive of what patients tell them. They accept as their baseline, the person with the highest tolerance of whatever it is they're doing, and then become bemused or annoyed when someone who feels it more, complains. So a glorped up IV line becomes you, the patient, just whining. It's infuriating.

Yeah, you've definitely earned some new bling with this one. ;-)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'll be more thirsty and more hungry and your blood sugar may rise. I can tell you it's no fun to put IVs in small veined people lol.

Starving. Kitchen just opened. Trying to figure out what I can eat and not spike blood sugar. I have a good balanced diet usually and even that spiked. Now I am lost.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starving. Kitchen just opened. Trying to figure out what I can eat and not spike blood sugar. I have a good balanced diet usually and even that spiked. Now I am lost.

How about eggs TP? Prepared with veggies. That should be A OK for you. You can also have almonds and berries.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checking in. It sounds like you're near the end of the bulk of the testing extravaganza you've been subjected to. Welcome (?) to the club of people who have been through a significant encounter with the medical maw. ;))

So, today you're supposed to find out the results of the LP, correct?

Steroids. I'm really glad I've never had to take those. Yet. I hope I never have to. Oh, and I just read that the effects of steroids on blood sugar, are temporary - like a week or so. It sounds like long courses are more of a problem, but since you're just getting massive doses for a short period, it sounds like you'll be back to normal pretty quickly.

I hope your eye starts coming back very soon. Can you tell anything yet?

And medical people giving you ZERO clue about what you might experience, is a feature (pretty much) NOT a bug. (And as everyone should know by now: I have stories about that too. :rolleyes: I have WAY too much experience in the medical world. It's sad.) And way too often, doctors and nurses become dismissive of what patients tell them. They accept as their baseline, the person with the highest tolerance of whatever it is they're doing, and then become bemused or annoyed when someone who feels it more, complains. So a glorped up IV line becomes you, the patient, just whining. It's infuriating.

Yeah, you've definitely earned some new bling with this one. ;-)

Thank you for looking at that! Good to know short term issue.

I am seeing better now than last night and even that was a step towards better.

Already been blown off this morning. My new IV hurts in the way I was told to call the ultrasound iv guy back in. Nurse says is normal. Now I have to insist.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about eggs TP? That should be A OK for you. You can also have almonds and berries.

Good idea. I was looking at them. I already do gluten free. Maybe eggs and chicken sausage? Fruit is too sugary I think. Potatoes are starchy so not good.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just remember just eating healthy with the steroid infusions. I really didn't pay attention to what it was, but just maintained my existing eating habits, which are healthy. Your body is working so hard right now to heal, you'll fuel it properly. I think you'll make good choices, TP. Hang in there, I know this entire episode is a bit much to comprehend at the moment. I hope you get the puncture results & can go home today. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't be lost. Drink more water throughout the day and eat more veggies/fiber. Unless you are diabetic, don't worry about the BS for now. You won't be on this drug regimen forever!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starting with a veggie breakfast burrito minus the flour tortillas (wheat intolerant) with side of scrambled eggs and Apple chicken sausage.

Looking at maybe fresh apple slices with peanut butter (assuming it is the no sugar kind I like) for a snack if needed.

Veggie enchilada with black beans for lunch.

Lots and lots of water.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping you get good news today!

What you're going through definitely calls for new bling! ;)2

Keeping you in my thoughts.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for looking at that! Good to know short term issue.

I am seeing better now than last night and even that was a step towards better.

Already been blown off this morning. My new IV hurts in the way I was told to call the ultrasound iv guy back in. Nurse says is normal. Now I have to insist.

This is huge. So, I wonder if the steroids might be helping to reduce the optic nerve issue?? Thats a huge improvement, & significant. Hooray!!!!:appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After 5 days and 4 nights in the hospital, I am glad to be going home. The doctors, nurses, and everyone at Swedish Cherry Hill are amazing and made me as comfortable as possible. The teams worked hard to address my issues and had multiple plans forming to move quickly. Thankfully, I did not end up needing brain surgery! I'm following up with a specialty clinic to see what more needs to be done and where to expect things to go after this. It is not MS yet but has the potential to develop into MS. Thankful to live in an area with such great medical care.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After 5 days and 4 nights in the hospital, I am glad to be going home. The doctors, nurses, and everyone at Swedish Cherry Hill are amazing and made me as comfortable as possible. The teams worked hard to address my issues and had multiple plans forming to move quickly. Thankfully, I did not end up needing brain surgery! I'm following up with a specialty clinic to see what more needs to be done and where to expect things to go after this. It is not MS yet but has the potential to develop into MS. Thankful to live in an area with such great medical care.

Woohoo!!!!

seinfeld.gif

This is huge. So, I wonder if the steroids might be helping to reduce the optic nerve issue?? Thats a huge improvement, & significant. Hooray!!!!:appl:

Sarah, yes the steroids reduce optic nerve inflammation and is likely the reason for TP's vision improvement.
Long may that continue.:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results