shape
carat
color
clarity

Understanding Tahitian overtone/body color

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My long Rikitea strand has a number of those! Not to stress over.

It's quite small and is near the drill hole. It won't get worse-- in other words, it isn't going to chip or flake. The pearl has a lovely pink color that I've never seen in a Tahitian. My advice is not to focus on it.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@pearlsngems Thanks! Nope, not stressed about it as long as the whole pearl doesn’t start peeling. This morn under cloudy skies the colors are showing better and hubby says to keep the strand!

I’ll have to figure out how to take good photos of Tahitians. Maybe over the long weekend I can make my own light box! All the photos are so far only taken with my iPhone. Maybe I will pull out my actual camera this week.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pearl isn't going to peel as a result of that kind of inclusion.

I don't use a light box for my photos; I just take my photos in those parts of the house where the photo comes out closest to what I see with my naked eye. I find that my camera can't quite capture the more intense green tones, and it also isn't good at capturing the subtle overtone colors in some of my FWP. Cameras just have their limitations. I'm also not the only one to notice that photos I post on PS are sometimes a bit muted compared to the original.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@pearlsngems Thanks for the tip! Here’s one I did just now trying a different room in the house and I think the color is starting to get close to what i am seeing in the strand.

This is fun!! I like jewelry and I like photography.

65195B3A-4600-4C99-8A60-D87646014F6B.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results