shape
carat
color
clarity

Undecided on a diamond

Mavimaui

Rough_Rock
I adore an orchid trilogy engagement ring from Victor Canera, and hope to have it made with pear sapphire sides. As the setting is unavailable for client supplied stones I have been searching VC’s collection. Nathan was most generous to offer the below comparison of diamonds in inventory. I’m very hesitant to purchase an H for fear of seeing color on the profile view. Thank you to everyone who has provided help in the past, and now I’m asking for help narrowing these suggestions down as well as any others in his inventory you may see that stand out to you. Here are some top contenders to me, and questions I am trying to seek input on. Ultimately I know Victor provides ideal cut diamonds, and that I have to go with the one that speaks to me, but trying to see which speaks to you! Hoping to keep the diamond under $12k and looking to only spend more for the perfect one. Thank you in advance, and excited for feedback!

- On the ASET, are the black marks between each of the arrows light leakage? (not the inclusion)
- Do you think this size diamond is large enough for a trilogy ring? I have a size 7.25 finger I believe.

Over budget, but would consider if it was the best one!

- My top contender for best bang for the buck! BUT this diamond looks visibly darker than the 1.402, which is more like an H is supposed to be? Do you foresee being able to see this color from profile view in real life?

- Considering this diamond as an H because it appears whiter than the Si diamond. On the ASET, is the blue between the arrow at 1 o clock anything to be concerned with / light leakage? Will the smaller table on this diamond help minimize any sight of color as well? Would the decrease in color and cut parameters justify the increase in cost when compared to the Si?

The wildcard, biggest diamond and over budget, looks like a very white G. Looking for helping making sense of the various colors on the ASET and the crazy colored picture provide on the AGS report.

5F4F617C-0633-448A-944F-2538CFA98BA5.jpeg

Last edited:
L

lydial

Is the 1.456 in the running? I like the 1.402 plot and smaller table, and the 1.527 size:)

Mavimaui

Rough_Rock
Is the 1.456 in the running? I like the 1.402 plot and smaller table, and the 1.527 size:)

I suppose so! If it’s the clear winner, just a bit pricey!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With so many other pretty ones to pick from I would not do the F due to the inclusion on the edge of the table.

Edit
The 1.36 G is not that much cheaper than the 1.53. I think if you are going to spend that much you might as well spend a little
more and hit the 1.5 mark.

You didnt link the 1.45 G so dont know $ on that. Edit...just saw it was $14.3k. So, its more than the 1.53. Pretty stone though.

If you can do an H...
it would make more sense to go with the 1.39 (looks beautifully eye-clean) because its about $1800 less than the 1.4 thats only 1 point bigger.
(I do see the 1.39 has a feather on the edge...make sure it is completely eye-clean).

Last edited:

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
imho, you have options. upon a quick search on other vendor sites, i found a few ones that are at better price points and/or have better stats than the ones vc offers.

and lots of times the vendor can make the ring for you at much better price as well, if you send inspiration pictures . you don't have to pay for the premium for his stones or production.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
imho, you have options. upon a quick search on other vendor sites, i found a few ones that are at better price points and/or have better stats than the ones vc offers.

and lots of times the vendor can make the ring for you at much better price as well, if you send inspiration pictures . you don't have to pay for the premium for his stones or production.

The VC setting the OP wants is only available for vendor supplied stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results