shape
carat
color
clarity

Uncertified Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessClyde

Rough_Rock
I''ve read some of the previous posts on buying uncertified diamonds. I''m wondering what you guys think about buying an uncertified diamond from one of the reputable vendor listed on Pricescope? Is it o.k. to do this if I get an independent appraisal done? Or should I not even consider the diamond?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The lack of report is ok for a small stone and may be explained by the holiday rush, but, in general, there is no excuse to skip the report. If you do not mind the difference in price that the variation in price one color and/or clarity grade (I am being optimistic) brings, than why not. Even those top labs may certify one stone differently on different ocasions, but at least their writen word caries a hefty reputation. If you trust their return policy, why not. An agreement to have the stone replaced if the following CERTIFICATION varies from the initial presentation upon sale, is key. I guess one clarity and color grade variation is the norm. But. who needs the hussle? There are so many certed diamonds around...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results