shape
carat
color
clarity

Uncerted 4mm stone for under $200?

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Terrible timing with diamond prices going wild, but I have two stones that I purchased hoping to make studs. One, however, was misrepresented and therefore they don't match (one is an OEC and the other looks either tranny or modern with a culet).
I need to match either stone.
1) Modern w/ medium culet: 0.24cts, VS-SI,G-H Color,4m
2) OEC: .24cts, SI 2-3,H Color3.9m

Neither stones are certed and I managed to get them for under a total of $300. Now I can't even find ONE for $200. They'd be fine, but mismatched they seem so wonky-- the more modern cut appears larger with the bigger table and all... its weird!

I've searched oldworlddiamonds, but the only stone that could possibly match is $299. Is this a completely hopeless search?

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
I got the OEC, thought "great," then got another one from the same seller. It wasn't an OEC. I returned it for another one, but that also turned out not to be an OEC. I got lazy with all of the returning and kept it. I'm sure I could sell it if I really wanted to, but I was hoping to get a match :/

Thanks for your response DS, those WF martinis are beautiful but way above my budget for now. :)

stci

Ideal_Rock
Ask to oldworlddiamonds to make a match for you. It's the best way to be sure to have a perfect match.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Hm, great idea.

Also, is there any particular person/store in NYC I could go to find out what cut the other stone has?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this ...

[urlhttp://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-European-Cut-Diamond-23cts-I-2-3-J-4mm-/370478958716?pt=Loose_Diamonds&hash=item564244487c][/url]

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much DT!! The first one is actually where I got my two stones to begin with. The other one looks great as well. Again, thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results