shape
carat
color
clarity

Umbalite Garnet Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!
30.gif

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
What a stunning ring!
30.gif
30.gif

Love it!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, tourmaline_lover and SeattleSweetheart!

I wore the ring today, and it is absolutely amazing! This one is bound to be one of my all-time favorite pieces.
1.gif

And, Babyblue, I''m glad Gene is back, too! I wasn''t going to show you all this ring if I couldn''t credit the cutter, and that would have been a real shame.
6.gif
The cut is soooooo delicious!
3.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Surely one of the most unique rings I''ve ever seen. And the colour of the garnet is just amazing!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
As promised, I tried to get some daylight shots this weekend. Outdoors on a cloudy day.

garnetclose24299.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My attempt to get a flower shot. With a red snapdragon, which is about all that is left in my garden right now.

garnetwsnap4321.JPG

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this? I love it! What a beautiful color and cut! And the setting is perfect!
30.gif
30.gif

garnetring4321.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Same shot, but closer. In this one you can really see the colors that were in the original vendor''s photo. This stone sparkles so much, and has so much visual interest for me. I think it will be hard to settle for lesser colors and cuts anymore.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pictures FG, I SO LOVE the cut of this gem. Beautiful!!!!!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
trying to get a vanity shot here. I think I need to work on my set up. The stone looks pretty nice, but I need to get rid of my hand holding the paper to filter the light.
20.gif

withhand4333.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you AdiS, iluvcarats, and Linda. The cut is so interesting, the color and sparkle are amazing, I am really spoiled here by this gem.
3.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this last shot. Gorgeous

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the daylight shots, they really show the beautiful color and cut on your stone!
30.gif

I have 2 stone just like it yet looking at yours makes me want to get another! LOL!
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2008 10:03:06 PM
Author: Babyblue033
I love the daylight shots, they really show the beautiful color and cut on your stone!
30.gif

I have 2 stone just like it yet looking at yours makes me want to get another! LOL!
9.gif
Thank you again, Babyblue, for posting your gorgeous garnet. I was not going to get into buying garnets, but when I saw yours, I was instantly smitten.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I know your first one has 10-sides. What shape is the second stone?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2008 9:56:33 PM
Author: Linda W
I love this last shot. Gorgeous
Thanks, Linda. I still have a lot to learn. For one thing, I probably should have removed the pollen from the flower... But, it''s all about the colored stone, isn''t it???
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
HA!!! shows you how much I know about flowers. I wasn''t even looking at pollen, just the ring
30.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Love the new photos flygirl - such a gorgeous stone and ring!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh my lord - that ring just keeps getting better!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you bling addict.

You know it, geckodani. I fall for it more every day!
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Update: I dropped by my jeweler''s today, Gary at G Allan Jewelers in Minneapolis, and told him about all the kudus he was receiving on-line for his setting design. He was like this:
9.gif
I also dropped off a ring to resize. It should be back tomorrow. Nothing like spreading a little honey to get good service.
12.gif

Thank you all for looking at my photos. And, to PS for your help in helping me learn about colored stones and diamonds.
34.gif
This was a fun project.
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, your ring is STUNNING!

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Flygirl, The ring looks great! That''s one of my favorite cuts, but it usually presents a challenge to mount since it has 9 sides. Typically it would be set in a 3 prong setting, since in essence it''s a trillion design, just a very very blunt one. Hat''s off to your jeweler for an innovative setting.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 8:53:50 PM
Author: PrecisionGem
Flygirl, The ring looks great! That''s one of my favorite cuts, but it usually presents a challenge to mount since it has 9 sides. Typically it would be set in a 3 prong setting, since in essence it''s a trillion design, just a very very blunt one. Hat''s off to your jeweler for an innovative setting.
Thanks, Gene! I purchased the garnet because the color and cut were so amazing, and figured the setting would get sorted out later. I''m glad my jeweler didn''t want to go trillion (I figured it would have to be that, but he said no), and that he was willing to give the setting some thought. It took him several weeks, but I love what he came up with. I love simple designs that let the stone take center stage.

Most of the time the stone looks sort of raspberry in color, with pinkish flashes, but I was in a meeting today, and it glowed a grape color. In bright lights it flashes red, bright blue, salmon, and lots of purple and pink. Absolutely love it.
30.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous. I absolutely love the color!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/28/2008 10:18:30 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Date: 9/28/2008 10:03:06 PM

Author: Babyblue033

30.gif

9.gif
Thank you again, Babyblue, for posting your gorgeous garnet. I was not going to get into buying garnets, but when I saw yours, I was instantly smitten.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I know your first one has 10-sides. What shape is the second stone?
It's an exact replica of my first one, just larger. If I can just make up my mind, Whiteflash can finish their CAD drawing so I can get it back
31.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh WOW I love that! The stone''s color is so intense and juicy! And I love the setting for that, nice modern look that goes with the unusual shape. YUM!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you MMT and part gypsy! The color is quite amazing!

Babyblue, you couldn''t stop with just one!!
36.gif
Looking forward to seeing the new one set!! I think I''m becoming an umbalite garnet fan as well!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results