shape
carat
color
clarity

Um. Why am I suspicious?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock

"** SINCE NATURAL DIAMONDS OF THIS COLOR RETAIL FOR OVER SIX FIGURES WE ARE ASSUMING THIS NATURAL DIAMOND HAS BEEN COLOR ENHANCED, HOWEVER IT DID NOT COME WITH ANY PAPERWORK THEREFORE THIS ENHANCEMENT CANNOT BE VERIFIED.

**WE ARE UNSURE AS TO WHETHER THIS DIAMOND IS ORIGINAL TO THIS SETTING. THIS IS HOW WE PURCHASED THIS MAGNIFICENT PINK DIAMOND SOLITAIRE ENGAGEMENT RING."

This was taken from the listing. I am assuming that the diamond is not original to the setting and the setting "may" be an actual Tiffany''s. Or whatever that means
20.gif

I have looked that this seller auctions before and the wording can get very tricky. They also seem to have tons of great and rare antique jewelery..... Like red, pink, and blue transitional cut diamonds.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah I didn''t read it the whole way through. One thing is blatantly false on there though--it says MINT, and there are definite scratches on the shoulders of that ring.

Otherwise I''m not familiar enough with Tiff jewelry enough to recognize a fake. Does their 6 prong look like that? And that stamp looks nothing like mine on my dinky little Elsa Peretti silver band...For some reason that stamp is bothering me.

cofor

Shiny_Rock
My answer to why you are suspicious is that you might have heard of the world flooded by surface treated pink diamonds. That kind of treatment is not permanent and should be avoided. Had a seller here in scandinavia who actually refused to tell me if the pink diamond he was trying to sell was surface treated or not. Of course the discussion ended right there.
10.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Ummm....if this is a genuine Tiffany solitaire and a genuine pink diamond (treated or untreated), why is it only going for $900? And it''s a VIVID Pink. I''m sorry, but it just seems too good to be true.

Most likely, it''s a knockoff setting with a treated stone. If this is the real deal, then somebody is about to get the deal of the century!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Ha.....lately I saw a real pink diamond just over 1 carat. It was going for $850,000
30.gif
23.gif

So clearly this diamond is the best deal going in the history of ebay....or its definately not a pink diamond by any stretch of the imagination.
38.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s either a color enhanced or coated stone (yes they do coat diamonds). It could also be a champagne diamond with a slight peach color, and some sellers actually do try getting away with passing those off as true fancy pink diamonds, especially if they color enhance the photo. Unfortuately this is very common, especially on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results