shape
carat
color
clarity

Ultrasonic jewelry cleaner help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

photogold

Rough_Rock
Some of you may recognize me from another forum, but this is my first post here.

We were given a used ultrasonic jewelry cleaner but we are not sure how to use it. What liquid medium works best? 50/50 ammonia/water?, soapy water? Sudsey ammonia? Windex? Something else? How long do you run it? Should we avoid cleaning certain gems and metals? Any precautions? Thanks.

abbott

Shiny_Rock
I have a ultrasonic jewelry cleaner and I use the manufacture "sonic cleaner". Basically I think it is a amonia and water mixture. I was told not to use the cleaner for more than 15 minutes and to never use it on sapphires, emeralds, pearls, etc. I only use it on my gold and diamonds. It is wonderful!!!
PS.. If your sonic cleaner has a Heat option, be sure and remove the lid during the cleaning process. I did not do this and the base to my cleaner has a crack.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results