shape
carat
color
clarity

Ultra White Gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

concun

Shiny_Rock
Have you heard about it? My jewelry designer told me that it''s a patented metal used to mix with pure gold to arrive at 18K white gold that actually helps the gold to stay silver white and no plating required. He said it''s not palladium, and he doesn''t recommend it either because it''s soft than 18K gold. Platinum has the silver look but not shiny once you wear it for a while, this Ultra White Gold can be shiny and white. I searched the internet but didn''t find any info on it. Any thought?

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I know that Stuller has "X1" white gold that doesn''t need plating. Do a PS search for x1 and a couple of threads come up. People seem to like it!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I have some thoughts. The white gold that Van Cleef & Arpels uses (and uses for almost all of their most expensive pieces, and for all of its one off pieces that I have seen- i.e. those containing a unique gem or set of gems) is not the "white gold" that I have seen used for wedding bands sold for by various companies. I am not a metallurgist nor a jeweler, but there is no doubt in my mind that the metal used by VCA is not what we refer to as "white gold" when we talk about about white gold wedding bands needing to be plated with rhodium on a routine basis. These high jewelry pieces have a mirror shine to them. They are not being sent to VCA to be plated as far as I know. What it's made of, how they do it, I don't know. What I know is that they could use platinum and although they sometimes do they mostly choose to work in white gold. For them, it's not an issue of saving money- these are hand made pieces and cost is not an object. I consider VCA's white gold pieces "ultra white gold" whatever it's made of and however they process or finish it. Absolutely beautiful. On an entirely different level than something that's white gold that I could buy at a local mall.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results