shape
carat
color
clarity

UK Ring Insurance and Appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

one day

Rough_Rock
hello everyone,
my wonderful other half has informed me that he has finally completed the purchase of my engagement ring!!!
1.gif
I''m not sure exactly when he will propose because I want it to be a surprise (but I will post pics once its official). However, we would like to have it insured straight away and are wondering who is the best company to take insurance out with in the UK? Also, what should we be looking for in a policy: replacement or repairs?

We are also going to have it appraised and wondered are there any specific tests or questions we should ask the jeweller?

Thanks for your help,

OD.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
One Day. I am not sure of your situation, but I am a US citizen working in the UK for the next ??? years. I looked into putting my ring on my building and contents insurance and it was VERY expensive (poor $ to pound exchange). I ended up getting a chubb policy thru my agent in DC.

I know there are chubb offices in the UK - look at their website. You may want to contact them.

I am sure there are others out there who can help you better.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results