shape
carat
color
clarity

UK Psers need help with jeweller reference for a loose diamond to be fit in a setting.

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Rob, OooShiny and Lorelei,
I’ve been trying to collect a list of UK recommended and trusted jewellers and workshops for a little while now on a different thread.
Some of those you’ve mentioned I already know of ( HGBDJW and Bentley and Skinner) but the others would be really useful to add to the list, I hope you don’t mind if I take that info and add it.

d89s46

Rough_Rock
I’d love this. I’m still looking for someone to reset my ring. One’s I know of that come highly recommended (sadly other end of the country to me) are Baroque jewellery in Brighton (their Instagram is droolworthy), Harriet Kelsall (huge database of their previous commissions online). I also had a fantastic experience in Christopher James in Manchester when I was first looking at diamonds. On here I’ve seen recommended HG Bespoke, and Harvey’s in Middleton.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When I was in the Jewellery Quarter we asked at 2 places for custom designs. One place could do semi custom by altering something they already had. They charged as custom which would involve cad (even if it meant swapping the head of a square setting to an EC but keeping the same shoulders. They would not set a stone that wasn't purchased from them.
In the 2nd place that showed me the beautiful spinel, the lady was sketching me some designs on a pad and I think they also used CAD.

The first place was Diamond Heaven.
Second place was Wards.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d love this. I’m still looking for someone to reset my ring. One’s I know of that come highly recommended (sadly other end of the country to me) are Baroque jewellery in Brighton (their Instagram is droolworthy), Harriet Kelsall (huge database of their previous commissions online). I also had a fantastic experience in Christopher James in Manchester when I was first looking at diamonds. On here I’ve seen recommended HG Bespoke, and Harvey’s in Middleton.

The jeweler that reset my pear is Christopher Evans in Stockton Heath - he is fantastic. He also has a workshop & store in Poynton, which might be nearer to you if you’re in Manchester. His web is:

www.christopherevansgoldsmiths.com

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi d89s46,
Thanks for your suggestions of jewellers, I’ll add them to the list I’m building with help from PSers.

I just thought I’d mention that ‘HG Bespoke’ is fab, absolutely stunning craftsmanship, but I believe he generally only works with his own sourced stones. So sadly I don’t think he’d re set your stone for you....a shame as he’s brilliant!

Good luck with your searching

Hi Alex T,
I hope it’s ok if I add your recommendation too. Thank you

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi d89s46,
Thanks for your suggestions of jewellers, I’ll add them to the list I’m building with help from PSers.

I just thought I’d mention that ‘HG Bespoke’ is fab, absolutely stunning craftsmanship, but I believe he generally only works with his own sourced stones. So sadly I don’t think he’d re set your stone for you....a shame as he’s brilliant!

Good luck with your searching

Hi Alex T,
I hope it’s ok if I add your recommendation too. Thank you

HG Bespoke made my eternity ring a few years ago. Can’t recommend him enough :appl:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh Alex T. How wonderful, lucky you!
His rings (and every other jewellery piece) are all so beautifully made. If you fancy posting a photo I’d love to see it, but I suppose we shouldn’t hijack Rpb’s thread...eek!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20150115_142507.jpg
Ooh Alex T. How wonderful, lucky you!
His rings (and every other jewellery piece) are all so beautifully made. If you fancy posting a photo I’d love to see it, but I suppose we shouldn’t hijack Rpb’s thread...eek!

Here you go!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Alex T, it looks beautiful and makes a great set with your lovely Pear.
I also like the eternity ring HG made not too long ago, all Princess cut Emeralds in yellow gold, divine and very striking. Unfortunately not mine! .

d89s46

Rough_Rock
Oh Alex, your pear and your eternity are gorgeous!
I’ve just remembered another place in Manchester that was highly recommended personally by a fair number of my colleagues. - Slack and Turner. They’re not a shop but a manufacturing jeweller. And apparently brilliant.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for bumping this thread up again - I am pondering on whether to get something else made right now so this is all useful information.

Strawberries1

Shiny_Rock
How's it going with getting bespoke jewelry mae in the UK? I'm on the look out for a good bench.

Rpb

Shiny_Rock

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @Strawberries1 I haven't progressed much on this pending project... But I did do some research as to who I would approach for my project...

https://jewelleryrepairworkshop.co.uk/

They do all kinds of repairs as well as custom bespoke work I think...

I have used Simon for a bracelet repair so far, and based on that experience I am also planning to use him for future stone setting and/ or custom ring making.

The service seems to be very professional. They have a quick and efficient chat service where you can get estimates more or less immediately. You can upload photos to illustrate what you want etc. I was very impressed with the price, customer service, speed and quality of the repair, and that's not an easy combination of boxes to tick here in the UK!

Please do update us if you go ahead, it would be great to find out other's experiences with him.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results